**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
CaptD

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #1 
I come from the dirt/off road side of motorcycles and don't know much about street bikes and nothing about the Ural. I'm still doing fine on two wheels but someday may want/need to go to three wheels. Don't care for the Can Am Spyder as its to "Harley Crowd" for me but these Urals have me interested. Seen a few pics but have never seen one up close. So I would like some schoolin' from our new Ural riding members. Is the Ural a Russian trike with a BMW engine? Is it old tech or new tech made to look old? Carb or EFI? And what brand of carb/EFI? 5 speed? What sized engine? Top speed? I assume electric start. Reliable? Never seen any Asian versions of the Ural so is there any type of competition? Sorry for all the questions but I'm a noob just like you were once. Capt D.

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #2 

I am a newbie to Urals as well....simply put...they are just different in a good way. Not fast, gearbox that clunks, very simple & just fun to ride.
Check out Sovietsteeds.com or Russian Iron....Google will keep you busy for hours.
I have a 2004 Patrol , everyone says buy 2007 & newer....the older bikes had some issues. I just had a urge for a Ural & there was one on Craigslist close to me at a reasonable $....so I bought it.
Cheers

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
Leftka

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #3 
Ural is Russian made...the engine is 750 cc boxer, like the old BMW. It was carbureted up until 2014...efi introduced this year. Recent years run keihin cvk carbs. It is old tech. 2007 up model years are very reliable. Tranny is 4 forward and 1 reverse. Top speed near 65-70 mph. There isn't a motorcycle sidecar combo rig in production by any other company available in the us. China makes a hacked rig, but can't but 'em in the states. Ural comes in 1wd and 2wd. You can check out 18 of 'em at the C-FL ride in March.
128/40 Jets
Harmonized at 10" hg
Dynojet DNO106 Needles, 3rd Notch From Bottom
Leftka 3, ALLuminum Custom Airbox
K & N MG 200 Filter Element
7/64" Drilled Carb Slides
Power Arc Ignition with VOES Advance/Retard
Mod Top Mufflers on Stock Headers
Parabellum Scout Fairing
Left Hand Throttle, Front Brake and Clutch

CaptD

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks John and Leftka for the info. John says fun to ride and Leftka says 65 -70 mph. So would any of you Ural riders use one for traveling/camping out of? Stay off the super slab just like my KLR. No problem there, would rather see the scenic and rural areas anyway. Sure could pack lots of camping gear aboard. Capt D.

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #5 
Ural us a true dual sport bike...great for camping, huting fishing. I ride street (round town) a lot. It's a joy to ride. Even in 1wd, you can mount a knobbie duro 307 and go just about anywhere off road. Like John says...check us out at http://www.sovietsteeds.com . Also watch the opening ceremonies on nbc tonight and see the 2014 Urals on display. Btw...I love my Ural...more smiles per mike than any bike I ever owned.
128/40 Jets
Harmonized at 10" hg
Dynojet DNO106 Needles, 3rd Notch From Bottom
Leftka 3, ALLuminum Custom Airbox
K & N MG 200 Filter Element
7/64" Drilled Carb Slides
Power Arc Ignition with VOES Advance/Retard
Mod Top Mufflers on Stock Headers
Parabellum Scout Fairing
Left Hand Throttle, Front Brake and Clutch

JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #6 
If you going to own a Ural....part of the deal is being able & willing to wrench on these bikes. They are very simple to work on & maintain. I don't think anyone regrets buying a Ural!
KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!