Cross-Florida/X-FL TBD 2020
School Supply Ride Summer 2020
Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
tigerrider007

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #1 
Okay, having called a few government agencies I get a few not sure answers, I do need to have turn signals in Georgia to be considered street legal, correct? Also, is it one mirror or two?
Being kind of a noob in the dual sport community, I'm looking to make my KTM400exc legal for dual sport riding in places like the Chattahoochee/Oconee and the Cohutta, without getting busted by the law.
I already have a headlight, and tail light, tagged and titled.
I've posted in ktmtalk and received some good information, someone referred me here.
So, please, I'd appreciate any input on the subject.

Thanks!
swampy

Reply with quote  #2 
I would think that if you have the tag that would be good. But.... it doesn't hurt to have mirrors or blinkers for safety sake...

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Swampy, I'll get that bike right by spring!
SpeedyR

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #4 
I know on my 450 I have one mirror (usually) and at least front turn signals. My rear signals always get crushed/broken so i stopped replacing them and just use hand signals. so far so good, but I would guess if I were riding on the pavement a lot I would want them, and if I get pulled over, my guess is it won't be because I'm missing a turn signal. [smile]
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR
I know on my 450 I have one mirror (usually) and at least front turn signals. My rear signals always get crushed/broken so i stopped replacing them and just use hand signals. so far so good, but I would guess if I were riding on the pavement a lot I would want them, and if I get pulled over, my guess is it won't be because I'm missing a turn signal. [smile]

SpeedyR,
That's what I figure too, the missing turn signals will just be an additional charge! Lol

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!