Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
forum logo

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

Cross-Florida AMA National Adventure Ride April 4 & 5, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #1 

Has anybody done this route from Carabelle, Fla to Pearisburg Va.?? The Trans Eastern Trail South.

You can get info and the tracks here.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589118

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

stubbjr

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #2 
    That has my attention!!!!

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #3 

Laugh-In Arte Johnson as WOLFGANG - "Very interesting!"

VERY INTERESTING..................

How many oil changes would that take on a RFS??

(From ADVRider.com)

Text description of TET-S
Well, I'm on the road again and don't have a smugmug account to post pictures (which I don't have with me anyways), so I'll do the best I can.

Florida..... starts out (from south to north) with sand and bogs.... riding by, not riding in! One lane grate bridges over bayou type rivers, banked up sand roads so the water doesn't get too deep, followed by wider (and faster) dirt roads that are sometimes rutted. Swamp shacks and backwoods spreads, cypress woods... as you go farther north you get some farm land, open fields, irrigation systems, buffalo, mixed with an old lane draped with Spanish moss! Wide sandy roads, begging to be ridden fast - but take your time to savor the sights.... such as a fox dozing in the middle of the road!

Alabama.... starts off with wide sandy lanes through flat farm land, transitioning to open rolling hills with stands of trees. Nice views....still wide roads, some paved, some dirt..... then it starts to get ugly..... the roads get narrower, rougher, tighter turns, down in the trees - no views, up and down, around and around.... the abodes become shacks, some abandoned and overgrown, some collections of STUFF that goes 'way back! Crosses on trees to remember those who failed to make it through.... rickety bridges, rougher roads.... deep and dark in the woods. Finally it opens up, an interim of farms, a creek crossing, some paved roads, rising through the hills in a freshly logged area... and finally a paved skyline ride along the ridges! Then back to the forest, but no houses, wide fast smooth roads snaking through the forest - don't miss the old fire tower! - nice views through the trees in the hills, a quick dash of pavement around a campground.

Did a long write up earlier today describing the route all the way up to West Virginia and then lost it when my login timed out. Will redo it when I have time again.... rest stop is over and back on the road tomorrow for several days......

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #4 
So is this what we are riding this Saturday afternoon?

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #5 
I already got a pic of your DRZ with the big fuel tank....................

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

RedRider

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #6 
Hey Toolguy, is there any way I can get that information besides through the AdventureRider site?  I was permanently banned from the site a few years ago by a communist who hates US service veterans who won't roll over and play dead.  Anyway, it was all a stupid misunderstanding and the person jumped the gun by banning me forever, their site their rules.  I sure would appreciate the info for the tracks. Thanks
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #7 
A TET-S teaser...............from ADVRider site

This was a GA section that was very dusty. Actually most of GA was dusty since we've hardly had any rain lately

This is that corner of that road that says dead end, but I can't remember exactly where this is. It was some loose gravel, but fun

Same area, but a bit further down the road

You come across this gorgeous house somewhere along the GA route

My wife having a blast on one of the NF's roads

This was part of the tough part right before Elijay I think

Even though it had been dry, there was still mud. This would be a mess if it was much wetter

Thankfully the mud hole wasn't that deep

On our Cherokee Bypass on the tougher section, you come up to this ridge where the power line drops straight over, but the road winds down about 5-6 levels below. If you sit at the top, you can watch someone ride down the entire road for about 20 mins! This pic is towards the bottom of that huge hill!

One of the cool roads you hit in NC is NF77 which was one paved but now abandoned and in ruins.

Fun road

This is a lookout on NF77 also

Somewhere in the NF of NC

And don't forget about Heintooga Ridge Rd

This was one of our amazing views Sunday morning from Heintooga Rd as we camped over a mile high and came up on this overlook where you could see the clouds below in the valley.

Yours truly

Now if we just had a plan.....................

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #8 
This is a neat road that leads to winding stairs..I love it when we all find the same photo ops...
The posted picture above.

Mine from back about 8 years

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
keithusa

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #9 
Im looking for TET MAPS/Routes. I saw a route that hit north florida and circled around Georgia. But there were no details.Can one of you adv riders help? Thx
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!