Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 18     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #61 

Okay Bertster, Let the Feasting...OOPS, I MEAN"T FASTING BEGIN...

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #62 
Doug, I had an opportunity to rethink the route and I may have a way to route us to your requested restaurant. I'll know more once I complete the route this weekend.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #63 

Bert, you will need to add 30 minutes for a nap to "sleep it off" after eating there.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #64 
As mentioned earlier, I'll post the more route details this weekend.
I'm also going to call and set up reservations for us and try to get a group rate.
We can then split the costs. It looks like we'll be able to get rooms in the $50 range with double occupancy. Nothing fancy, but clean.
Days Inn with good reviews for Bainbridge and a private motel I've stayed at a number of times in Pine Mt by the name of White Columns.

If that sounds good to everyone. I'll plan on booking the rooms expecting a double occupancy and we can settle up when we meet up..
I'll inquire about another room for Saturday as Toolguy1 wants to try and join in on our ride if works allows.

Bert

So we'll need 3 rooms
1. Bert Confirmed
2. Swampy  Confirmed
3. Big Doug DurrenceConfirmed

4. Andy's in  Confirmed

5. Wing's gonna ride Confirmed
6. Driver too Confirmed

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #65 
Non smoking, non snoring please.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #66 

Wingam, tryin' to help you out with some signs......

If You're Smoking, You'd Better Be On Fire! Funny Sign

And if all else fails.......................

Maybe you could spray this in the intake on the Harley and the Zundapp!!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

DRIVER

Reply with quote  #67 

I'm heading up a day or two early (to warn ... uh ... I mean to visit the locals) and will hook up with you guys on Saturday morning (thinking in Blakely if the route holds up). 

That means I'll only be needing a reservation for Saturday night if that's OK.

Mike

EDIT:  I can still chip into the pot to balance the budget if it'll help and is needed to hold everything into place.  Just let me know.

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #68 

Quote:

EDIT:  I can still chip into the pot to balance the budget if it'll help and is needed to hold everything into place.  Just let me know.

Or, if you want to, you can fund the whole ride.

We would have to take a vote to make sure that is OK with everybody.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

DRIVER

Reply with quote  #69 

And then they embarked on what was possibly the shortest ride in DDS History ... funded by Mike. 

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #70 
Well it looks like I am not going to be able to make the trip. House was hit my lighting Sunday night. took out 2 tvs, water heater,  and the frig. The bad part is that I can not find the  water leak. All the plumbers think that the leak is in the slab. The real bad news is that my insurance will not cover it until it is verified that the leak was cause by the lighting hit. To verify the leak it must dug it up and if the insurance says it was not by lighting then I pay. And all the plumbers say it is stupid to repair/patch the old pipe in a slab and I agree. The best and cheapest in the long run is to "repipe" which by passes the old slab pipe.  So I am going to have to pay $$$$$$$ to have it fixed and not sure how long it will take. Been with USAA insurance 20 years and this is my first claim and I get the shaft and some of the worst service. But GOD and my wife still love me. Well my wife may not after going 4 days without hot water and a frig.

Sorry about not being able to make the ride. I would much rather ride that 2x4 seat of mine 1,000 miles, put up with 2 snorers, and listen to  Big Doug say "I'm hungry"  for miles than go through this mess.

Mark - down for now but not out!

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER

And then they embarked on what was possibly the shortest ride in DDS History ... funded by Mike. 

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
House was hit my lighting Sunday night.

Do you mean "hit by lightning"?
I never know what you're talking about. Lol

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #73 
You know I can not read, spell, or type so why do you ask.

Indirect hit, lighting surge came through the water line. The ice maker in the freezer looks like some one burned it with a blow torch.  Black smut that comes from burning plastic all in the frig and smells through out the house.  Everyone that looks at it goes WOW!!!!

JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #74 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingam00
Well it looks like I am not going to be able to make the trip. House was hit my lighting Sunday night. took out 2 tvs, water heater,  and the frig. The bad part is that I can not find the  water leak. All the plumbers think that the leak is in the slab. The real bad news is that my insurance will not cover it until it is verified that the leak was cause by the lighting hit. To verify the leak it must dug it up and if the insurance says it was not by lighting then I pay. And all the plumbers say it is stupid to repair/patch the old pipe in a slab and I agree. The best and cheapest in the long run is to "repipe" which by passes the old slab pipe.  So I am going to have to pay $$$$$$$ to have it fixed and not sure how long it will take. Been with USAA insurance 20 years and this is my first claim and I get the shaft and some of the worst service. But GOD and my wife still love. Well my wife may not after going 4 days without hot water and a frig.

Sorry about not being able to make the ride. I would much rather ride that 2x4 seat of mine 1,000 miles, put up with 2 snorers, and listen to  Big Doug say "I'm hungry"  for miles than go through this mess.

Mark - down for now but not out!

That sucks, as an Electrical Contractor I have seen what Lightning does to water pipes, especially if they laying under the Slab a couple inches apart. A "Spark" jumps between the pipes & puts pin holes in the pipes....You were hit & can be verified....the Insurance normally will pay if the Electrician & Plumber agree that the damage was by a lightning strike.

Ok...enough Hi-jacking....I may be in on this ride. I will only know at the last minute ie. a day or 2 before the departure date.
Cheers
JA

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom,  Yamaha Zuma, KDX200, KX500, Apollo Pitbike,                TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #75 
Just changed the days we'll be dropping in and all of a sudden Yoders made the Hit List

(6 ratings)

Yoder's Restaurant

5252 Ga Highway 26 E, Montezuma, GA31063Get directionsCross Streets: Near the intersection of Ga Highway 26 E and County Road 27

Recent Reviews 1-3 of 5 Write a review
  • User Rating: 5 out of 5 stars by loca252003 03/16/2011
    AMAZING!!! Food is AWESOME & service is AWESOME!! The food is not over priced & very generous servings. DELICIOUS!! There is a bakery in the building also,AMAZING!!! Definately try it. I could eat here every day. YUMMY!!!!
  • User Rating: 5 out of 5 stars by Hc Nelson Jr 07/24/2009
    One of the best restaurants I've been in; the food is great and the portions are most generous. Service is above par as is all of the Mennonite eateries I've been too. I've tried the one here,Indiana, and hope to make it to Sarasota one day to try that one. I'm hoping the company will send me back to the area so I can sample Yoders once again this year.
  • User Rating: 5 out of 5 stars by Pooky Robinson 04/30/2009
    My husband and I have been here twice now..we LOVE it! I swear I could just drink the gravy. It has a unique taste and its sooo good. I always get the shredded ham, my hubby has tried the roast beef too, said it was real good. Good food, good prices, and love the goat outside and the puppies and the gift shop! I will be back.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!