Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 18      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #46 
I am still "IN".

Bert I could meet you at HWY50 and US301 and ride to the Muster Station = Weeki Wachi.

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #47 
Updated riders list on Post #1

1. Bert  Confirmed
2. Swampy Confirmed

3. Big Doug Durrence Confirmed

4. Andy's Checking in Confirmed
5. Wing's gonna ride  Confirmed
6. Driver too Confirmed

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
Quote:
I am IN! 

Here is the sign up sheet for massaging my rear end:

Wing,
Will you be staying with us in Bainbridge and Pine Mt?
Bert

Yes, staying at both places.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #49 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
I posted this earlier, but I want to make sure it doesn't get lost in the posts..
Bert

It goes without saying that I'll need a confirmed head count so that I can get rooms set up for Bainbridge and Pine Mountain as soon as possible.

Bert

Alrighty Then.........Confirm Me Already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
swampy

Reply with quote  #50 
Geez. Talk about peer pressure. Count me in... pending apocolyptic situtations that may occur...

BE forewarned. I snore like a Harley......

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
Geez. Talk about peer pressure. Count me in... pending apocolyptic situtations that may occur...

BE forewarned. I snore like a Harley......

I never have like loud Harleys and I have sensitive ears so No room mate for me with the snore master.

I need my beauty sleep.

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
by Wingam00  
  I need my beauty sleep.

I'll second that.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #53 

Swampy, I snore like an open piped Zunndapp! Two stroke non-the-less! DKO Dave sleeps in the back of the toy hauler with the door closed and ear plugs.

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #54 
Checking out the maps a little bit after Bert's itinerary of some of the communities we will be checking out reminded me of guess what....FOOD!

A good friend and and reliable "food guru" of mine told me a while back that if I ever got near Montezuma, Ga.   it would be well worth a side trip to eat at Yoder's Restaurant near this little town. This restaurant is run by a family of Mennonites that migrated down from Virginia many years ago for better farming opportunities. The Southern Country Vittles are highly rated all over the web as well. Plus, I think there is some interesting history in the Montezuma area as well. So how bout' it boys...Hungry???

Banana Cream Pie

ANYBODY INTERESTED???        

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #55 
Doug,

You're onto something there my friend, I've eaten there a couple of times and needed a wheelbarrow to roll me to the car!! EXCELLENT food and LOTS of it! Not far from Americus and Andersonville.

Eat to ride-Ride to eat!!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #56 
Wingam can even show you some of Georgia's "unique" bridges along the way!!...............

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #57 
Doug, I agree with Toolguy1, that is some good food!!!

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #58 
Good news...Bad news

The good news is that I love places like this and would love to add it to the route.
The bad news is that I've got a route planned on the East side of Columbus that takes us to Buena Vista. I've ridden there roads roads before and they are some really nice back county very little traffic. This takes to the west and south of Montezuma.
The other issue is that we will only about 2 hours from our starting point (Pine Mt) on Sunday morning and this would be very early for lunch.
Give me this weekend to post a route and everyone can look around for good food or interesting stopping points to add.
Doug, I know it's always 15 minutes till lunch...No matter where you are.
I've eaten at a few places in Pine Mt and One of the Georgia Marks brothers turned me on to another good home cooking place in Warm Springs. We should hit that before we head for the motel Saturday night.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #59 
If you ever get to come thru Buena Vista on the first Saturday of the month Pasaquan is open. I used to live in Buena Vista back in the 60's and this is one STRANGE place!! Eddie was one strange dude.

http://www.pasaquan.com

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #60 
To add to yesterdays conversation, the route I'd like to take on Sunday is still too long. I worked on it last night and need to cut some miles out by this weekend.
Last night was the..I want to do everything first pass.
Tonight and this weekend I'll take out the knife and do some cutting.

Bert

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!