Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 18      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
In fact, I am off everyday.

Some might say in more ways than one...I'm just saying.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #32 
A/C= GOOD
CABIN WITH A/C=GOOD
MOTEL WITH A/C=GOOD
STOP TO EAT 3 TIMES PER DAY=GOOD
LEAVE MID DAY ON FRIDAY=GOOD

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
swampy

Reply with quote  #33 
Here'es my view from sitting in the cabin just  north of Suches....

Came through middle GA yesterday it was 104, yes 104 in Perry... was at least 100 from Hihira through Atlanta, and didn't drop until it rained then it was in the mid 80's up around Elijay...

Just saying late August in Middle GA...????

It'll be hot in the plains for sure!

I won't be getting out of work on Friday until 3 at the earliest, an hour home, then pack the bike and roll out... figure by 5.... I may have to just meet you guys at the pre-determined gathering location... 

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawazukimaha

I am off Friday. In fact, I am off everyday.

I'm hoping to get to say that one day.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #35 
Well, Here's what I know...It will be warm, but once underway, we will have a good time.

I think we can manage a little street ride...if not you'll need to find someone that completed the snakebite and tell them your ride got a little uncomfortable.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
rabbitrandy

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1

I can assure you that south Ga in August you will be miserable w/o an AC. Trust me, I'm a Doctor. (or maybe I just play one on this Forum)

Tool Guy    Doctor     Urologist      I get it!!!!!!

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #37 

I wondered how long it would take for my true profession to surface. Kind of like ASSMAN the Proctologist on Seinfeld! Hahaha

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #38 
So it looks like most everyone can get off for a 12:00 meet somewhere near Brooksville Fl. I believe a trip up 41 to Bainbridge will be our first leg on Friday. We'll take in State parks, add murals for August bonus points and see some pretty country roads.
It would be a full day of riding because we will have a number of stops.
Those that could not make it early would be able to leave later and blitz up US98/27 for a 4 hour ride into Bainbridge Ga.
I've found a Days Inn in Bainbridge with pretty good reviews for $50 a night. We'll share rooms unless anyone is opposed to this.

Saturday we'll get up and have a nice relaxing ride enjoying all the best South Georgia has to offer. More state parks, More murals, some great BBQ, a canyon (yes, that's right) and we'll end up in the mountains..er, Pine Mountain that is.
Sunday we'll get up early and take advantage of the cool (cooler) air riding through the sweet twisties of Franklin D Roosevelt State Park. We'll continue South and check in on a few more interesting places like Andersonville.
The Andersonville prison, officially known as Camp Sumter, served as a Confederate Prisoner-of-war camp during the American Civil War.

From here we can go a number of ways. As it seems that most everyone that has responded comes from either central or western Florida, I'll probably take us back towards Fanning Springs and a trip back down 98 or 41.

To recap.
1. Friday 8-19 would have us meeting in the Brooksville area. and heading north. We'd probably get into Brainbridge Ga. around 7:30pm and hit the motel.
We'd catch up with the stragglers in the morning in the lobby. It will only be a 1/2 days riding, but you'll certainly get your monies worth.

2. A rather laid back ride with much time spent enjoying the stops.

3. This will be a full days ride back home.

Any comments or suggestions?

It goes without saying that I'll need a confirmed head count so that I can get rooms set up for Bainbridge and Pine Mountain as soon as possible.

Bert

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitrandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1

I can assure you that south Ga in August you will be miserable w/o an AC. Trust me, I'm a Doctor. (or maybe I just play one on this Forum)

Tool Guy    Doctor     Urologist      I get it!!!!!!

Randy,
If you need any help with ED I can write you a prescription.....Glad to help out....

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #40 

Bert,
As for murals be sure to go thru Colquitt, about 10 miles from Bainbridge, as they have 15 murals there!!

Colquitt, Georgia's Mural City, will host cities from around the world at the Global Mural and Arts Conference in October. Colquitt is home to 15 murals.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #41 
Thanks Tool,
I did a little research and saw that Colquitt had a number of murals. Trenton Fl is another town that has plenty of murals.

Thanks,
Bert

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #42 

One more suggestion and I'll shut up..... If you are near Warm Springs (near Pine Mountain) for lunch or dinner you owe it to yourself to eat at the Bulloch House in town. It's just casual, nothing fancy,they have wonderful home cookin' with desserts.  You won't leave hungry I assure you!! And very reasonable prices for Wingam. http://www.bullochhouse.com

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #43 
I posted this earlier, but I want to make sure it doesn't get lost in the posts..
Bert

It goes without saying that I'll need a confirmed head count so that I can get rooms set up for Bainbridge and Pine Mountain as soon as possible.

Bert

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #44 
I am IN! 

Here is the sign up sheet for massaging my rear end:
First 60 miles:______________________________
Next 60 miles:______________________________
End of Day One:____________________________
End of Day 2: ______________________________

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
I am IN! 

Here is the sign up sheet for massaging my rear end:

Wing,
Will you be staying with us in Bainbridge and Pine Mt?
Bert

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!