Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
haknslash

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #1 

Loaded up the backpack and went exploring on the DRZ. Weather was beautiful! I headed out on Hwy 17 and pulled into "The Bowl". Played out there for a while then went around exploring. Tons of limestone quarries out here. I used to swim in some of them growing up. It was fun to get back out to some of the spots. Unfortantely I got tired of taking the camera out of the backpack so I only snapped a few here and there. 

There were a bunch of ATVs out but not too many dirt bikes. This is a pic taken from the main bluff area.... 

One of the many limestone quarries... 

This is not a quarry I don't think but I pulled down off the trail for a few pics.... 

Loaded up and headed back on some trails. I came up to some new area on a ridge. Nice views. I could hear some ATVs tearin' it up somewhere out there.... 

A little retro edit I tried on this one... 

I had been riding for a couple of hours so I decided it was time to get back towards my house. I wasn't riding with a riding buddy so sure didn't want to get stranded in some remote area heh. 

A friend of mine told me there were some trails hidden off a gravel road by my house. I went searching and sure enough I found some. Nice trails and a rocks throw from the house!! Interestingly though I went down one and ended up at some wierd looking house. I don't know who would live out off the trail like that but I got out of there quick. Last thing I need is some meth-head manufacturer chasing after me lol.

Sorry the pics aren't all that great. I took the wifes cybershot out instead of taking the DSLR. I really need to get one of those GoPro as I would like to get some video! We are heading to an ORV park tomorrow morning so I should have some nicer photos of that ride also.
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #2 
Looks like you had a great ride.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
haknslash

Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks! It wasn't epic by any means but it was fun to enjoy the great weather and all. Had a blast but man I'm sore! So out of shape and this is the first dirt bike/DS I've had in over 20+ years. I've got a lot of catching up to do physically lol.

beastrider

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #4 

Cool ride and pics......thx

mudbug

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #5 

Sweet!

bearcatamo

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #6 

Mudbug, where were these taken? I'm a LA transplant in FL.

sf6gas

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #7 
Nice pictures. I live in the area and know many trails to ride. By the looks of the pictures you must live in Alabaster.
AST236

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #8 
These are cool pix. If you Alabaster guys have room for another rider, I"m in Evergreen, south of Montgomery. I'd love to check out some of these places. PM me and let me know when you are riding. I"ll hit the interstate and head that way.

haknslash

Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf6gas
Nice pictures. I live in the area and know many trails to ride. By the looks of the pictures you must live in Alabaster.

Yup Alabaster it is. I live off Hwy 12. Know of any fire roads or forrest trails to hit up besides the bowl that isn't too far away?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!