Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
beastrider

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #1 

Snow is melting, ride or golf? Maybe both!

We had 22 inches, (56cms), in 24 hours a week ago Saturday and by this past Sunday it was down to about 5 inches....so it's time to go for a ride....but maybe I should check out the golf course as well to see if I can play

First I need to get over the little bridge by my place which is not usually plowed.....maybe it's OK...

Yup.....perfect...little slick going across the wooden deck..

Here is the little road that goes to the Golf Course.....you can see most of the snow is gone, at least on this road....getting to check out the little screen I put on Kermit for the winter....comes off in about 30 seconds....also checking out the new Clarke tank I put on to give me more range...

Looks like I could get a tee time today but probably would not get a lot of roll

Here is the 4th hole and you can see the pond down at the bottom right....no lost balls today....had to drive on the cart paths since I did not want to chew up the fairways....little icy from time to time but a great ride.

This green is realllllly slow...

Here is a view down the 7th fairway....this is the signature hole.....the green is way down the bottom...nice looking hole....not many golfers out today...

This is an old abandoned mill right beside the tee box...neat old place...

Kermit on the cart path....

This green looks faster

On the way back home I took a little video along this dirt road....it's a little long so sit back and have a beer....road was great except when you get just past halfway in then the red clay starts.....little slippery...plus a few decent ruts that you have to pay attention to in the clay...

Hope you enjoyed the ride...Happy New Year!

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #2 

I just got back from Blowing Rock NC for a skiing vacation with my family. There was still plenty of snow when we left. As an FYI, we went skiing December 29th during the 6:00PM to 10m time slot. When we got back to the truck it was 13 degrees.

My Tour Master MC jacket (and a few extra layers) did a great job pulling double duty as a ski jacket.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
jwciv

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #3 
Ahhhh xylophones soothing the soul in your video .... NOT!

Hey maaan, where's the vroooom vroooom vroooom?? motorcycle noises?

Can you imagine Steve McQueen riding in The Great Escape to xylophones?

You can spray me with dirt later for giving you a hard time.

I'm just glad that you got to share the winter wonderland with us without me having to be in it.

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #4 

Next time...Vroooom Vroooom Vroooom

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for sharing no matter what the sound as long as it is not my wife telling me to take out the trash.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
beastrider

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #6 

Sounds

OK JW....here are some sounds to hold us over until the next post....

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!