Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
forum logo

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

Cross-Florida AMA National Adventure Ride April 4 & 5, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #1 
This isn't a ride report, but my wife and I spent four days in Savannah  just before the 4th of July.
I would suggest that it would make a great weekend destination for a ride.
I thought I'd throw a few pictures up to give you a little taste of Savannah.
Speaking of taste....bring your appetite as you'll get treated to some great meals while you're there. If you like Southern cooking make sure you go to Mrs. Wilks boarding house for lunch. You'll thank me latter.
Bert

Make sure you check out Fort Paluski. Robert E. Lee roamed these grounds just prior to the Civil War.

We got there in time to watch the cannon firing.

If these walls could talk. Just imagine the men that crossed over the entrance bridge and through these doors.

Once in the downtown historic district you'll find plenty of neat old houses. Many were built in the late 1700s.

This one was for sale. Just under 600 square feet. Price.....$285,000

We also visited St. Johns Cathedral.

Not great pictures but you get the idea.

The houses have these markers telling when and for who they were built.

It was sorta like stepping back in time.

The entrance leading to River street off Bay street on the east side of town.

Another shot just around the corner

Savannah seems to have a very active seaport.

More cobblestone roads in the downtown section

My wife even managed to find a few places to shop. Notice the bridge in the background. It takes you into Hilton Head S.C.

The town is build with 12 (if I remember correctly) town squares. Each built as a park, usually with a memorial marker in the middle.

How about this street sign

I loved this sign.

If you decide to go PM me and I'll give you some suggestions and tips for your stay.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
adventuregirl

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks Bert for posting those awesome pictures! I've been trying to get Swampy to take me there for years but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe once he sees all your pictures his curiosity will be peaked and I'll get a trip out of him! 

Kawasaki KLX 250
Suzuki DR200
BMW K1200GT
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!