**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
floridalawdog

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, wanted to take a minute to say Hi, and Introduce myself.  I live in the Parrish area, work in Sarasota, and ride an 08 KLR.  I would like to meet people to ride with in the area.  I have never had my bike off the pavement, and really am getting the itch to do so.  If there are any riders from around here that wouldnt mind having another bike tag along, let me know.  Thanks, Sean
JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome....there are some Guys local to you. Keep an eye on DDS Forum & every now & then there's a ride somewhere. A l;ittle slow right because of teh Hunt season & the Holidays!
Cheers
John

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
floridalawdog

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #3 
Very good, thanks John
ThumpRider

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #4 
You are going to find that many of the off road rides are waaay north of you.  I was in the same situation as you and I live in S Pinellas County.  But, John is right, keep an eye out in the Sand Fleas and Ride Planning threads and you should be able to hook up with some guys. 

My goal next year is to explore more of the roads S of the Skyway.  Doubt that there are any trails to compare to Richloam, Withalacoochee or the other major forests but sometimes you can find some interesting rural dirt roads that are fun.
EAR21

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Sean.  I live in Sarasota and ride a V-Strom 650.  I have done 4 off-road rides with DDS, and enjoyed them all. Let me know if you want to ride sometime.  I will not be available until Jan, though.  I have not found any off-road routes around here, but there are plenty in the Bartow area.  Since I ride an adventure bike, I prefer dirt roads.  I am still looking for routes in the Sarasota area. 

We should have a local group.

Earl

Reply with quote  #6 
Earl, we can set up a sarasota/bradenton area section, no problem at all! matter of fact, it's already done!

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #7 
Hey all, I posted in the other Sarasota/Bradenton section too. DRZ400 here, definitely interested in setting up some local rides.
Motomanmiller

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #8 
I live off Clark with a wr250x
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!