AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
EAR21

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #1 
All  you in the Sarasota/Bradenton area!  Check out the Forum just for us!  New forum just getting active now that people are back from holidays elsewhere. 

http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/SarasotaBradenton-Riders-Chime-In!-6121923   

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #2 
From the Bradenton, Fl area. New to DDS but not new to riding. My husband rode the Devil's Creek DS in April '13 for the first time as a DS rider. We have both been members of FLorida Trail Riders for many years, and we both race. I race in the EVO class (1985 or older bike, must be air cooled and drum brakes.....which means NO brakes and NO suspension) on an '85 Yamaha IT 200 and I also race the Women's B class on a KTM 200 XCW.
I haven't done a DS yet because I do not have my endorsement (long story...just too busy to be in class for 2 days) but will be ride ready soon. (Hopefully by the July ride)
 On a more personal note, I am a firefighter/paramedic for St. Pete Beach Fire Department and I teach the National Curric. Paramedic program at Manatee. Therefore, its always good to ride with me because I can fix all of your broken body parts and boo boo's so that you can limp back to camp! Hope I didn't jinx anyone! Can't wait to do some DS riding. I'd like to ride with a little less "race pressure" once in a while. Hope to meet many of you in July! It will be nice and toasty warm and knowing Fl, very swampy from all the rain! Good combo.

KTM 200 XCW
'85 YAMAHA IT 200
'13 KTM 350 XC Dual Sport
EAR21

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome, gharp!  I would like to ride with you, but don't think I could keep up!

let us know what to call you.  I am EAR

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm also from this area, Sarasota. Rode enduro in Mexico for years, great terrain. Just got my first DS, KLR650 and looking for DS rides near Sarasota. I rode the Vinson 500 several years at Croom. I'm not a too fast too serious rider but rather a happy enjoy-the-ride know-my-limits type. I've heard great comments about this forum, glad to join.
ThumpRider

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #5 
Welcome gharp , or should I say neighbor....I live in S Pasadena. Hope to see you on a GS ride.

A while back, I had attempted to put together a class on first aid for motorcycle mishaps...not CPR etc.,,,,,

Never could get a teacher ...hmmmm
ThumpRider

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #6 
We need to find some easy off road routes south of the skyway.....
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!