Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #31 
Hey Jeff.......Enjoyed the ride and the 9-fiddy sounded awesome! 

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

BlueLghtning

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #32 
So here's my two vids of the Ravine crossing.

1st video
- Sean on the Husaberg FE390 (Clean Run)
- Steve on the KTM 450 jumps the ravine (Makes it look easy)
- Eddie on the WR250R (Clean Run, but tries to take out Tooly at the top)
- Kith on the DR650 (Makes it past the ravine, but falls into the wall)
- Bobby on the TE450 (Goes in the ravine. Extraction on video)
- I climb down in the ravine
- Jeff (SpeedyR) comes by on the KTM 950SE (A little difficulty climbing the hill)

This is the 2nd video.

Chris_D on the Blue DR650 makes it by the ravine only to stop short in a smaller hole further up.  Its hard to tell, but his feet come totally off the pegs.  Thankfully he had some help to get his bike out of there.  You can kind of tell from my vantage point, but its a pretty steep climb up there too.

Next up is Dave who isn't quite sure he wants the audience now.  Dave's chain was slipping bad here on the worn out sprocket, so all that clankity clap you here is his chain.

Following Dave is Derrick on the DRZ400.  Steve and I were switching places down in the ravine and you can tell I didn't realize he was coming.  I'm glad I got the shot though!

Last up is DRZDIVER (Derrick's Dad) on a yellow DRZ400. 

bruneaun

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #33 
Hello..... I am new to this forum but old to riding. Are there any plans to do the Cuthbert loop in 2014? I live in Tyrone and am interested in riding it with somebody that knows the trails.
Thanks..... Norm
BlueLghtning

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #34 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruneaun
Hello..... I am new to this forum but old to riding. Are there any plans to do the Cuthbert loop in 2014? I live in Tyrone and am interested in riding it with somebody that knows the trails. Thanks..... Norm

Hey Norm.  I certainly would love to organize this trip again. It was a blast.  

However, a couple things.  The wooden bridge right before this fun section collapsed. [frown]  I haven't mapped out a way around yet.  There is another bridge on my original route that also got closed off.

Maybe it will all come together sometime this year?   

BTW, not to take you away from this forum, but come visit us over on blokessportbike.com.  There are quite a few of us local DS riders over there, especially around Newnan, Fayetteville, etc.  

We also have a 3 day DS trip planned at the end of April over there.

I also organize a weekly bike night in and around Newnan that I post on BSB and send an e-mail out to.  We do occasionally come to Tyrone to the Mexican restaurant.  You can e-mail me at NewnanBikeNight@gmail.com or find me on Facebook under the same "NewnanBikeNight" to get on the list.  

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #35 
Dan, there is an easy bypass for the wooden bridge section about a mile east of there. Of course it's not as "fun" but it does make the loop rideable. It is a barely maintained dirt road section which is actually pretty good. I can send you the .gdb bypass if you like.
Tooly

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

BlueLghtning

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1
Dan, there is an easy bypass for the wooden bridge section about a mile east of there. Of course it's not as "fun" but it does make the loop rideable. It is a barely maintained dirt road section which is actually pretty good. I can send you the .gdb bypass if you like.
Tooly

That would be great Mark.  I know you had told me there was a way around, but I wasn't sure how far and where it took you.  

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #37 
Dan, I PM'ed you..........

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

bruneaun

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks for the response....am looking forward to meeting you all.
..... Norm
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!