25th Devil's Creek 2021: March 5, 6 & 7 2021

**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 
It's that time once again to help out our brothers at CFTR pull off their enduro.

They once again need road crossing help. Why? It's part of their permit stipulations and because without it the can't have an event! It's for rider and public safety!

here's the dealeo....

It's a great day out in the woods, watching bikes. It's a great way to get to know people, meet people, renew old friendships.

It's a great way to assist another user group in the forest that we use for our own event.

It's a great way to be recognized by the Forestry Service  for volunteer hours!

When: Sunday February 23

Time: Be there by 0800, track me down or Keith Finnerty

What: We'll be doing road crossings for safety. Basically, we'll be stopping traffic and flagging bikes. And move on to another crossing. We need a few teams to make it work.

What do you need:  Water and a camp chair! (hat, bug spray and suntan lotion might work too. last year it rained a little...)

[richloamenduromap]

Reply with quote  #2 
In!

I volunteered this past weekend to help CFTR begin the process of clearing and marking more than 60 miles of trail that comprises the Straight Arrow Enduro.

Our crew stapled about 20 miles worth of orange arrows and cleaned up a few sections of face slappers.  Dave, our crew leader, authored a new virgin section never before ridden.  It's rough.

CFTR volunteers will "work" the next two weekends to finish the details for a successful event.  However, they need additional volunteers on race day (Feb 23) to ensure a safe event for the racers.

CFTR needs DDS folks at the road crossings.  So show up in your jeep or ride your dual sport to Richloam WMA south loop campground and the trail boss will direct you where needed. 

I'll be there Sunday working a check point, riding sweep and pulling arrows.

See you Richloam!

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #3 

Jak....gonna miss not having you racing...I know Jerry Brownell will be there. I am hoping it is dry like last year.
See ya
JA

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #4 
You won't see much dust during the first 20 miles.  I did not arrow the other sections, but conditions seem to be near perfect throughout Richloam right now.

Without giving too much course knowledge away  [wink]  stay to the right when you cross Gator Slough. [augie] 

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #5 
What time do you want volunteers there?

Paul
swampy

Reply with quote  #6 
I'll get more details and a map up later this week or next. generally, as long as you arrive by 0800 we can get you pointed in the right direction.

Reply with quote  #7 
Added map to post #1.

We need your help. Chime in here if you plan on coming!

Thanks!

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #8 
 I'm gonna try to be there!

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #9 
Can't make it this time. I'm helping Apollo with their Enduro lay out Sunday. Ya'll do us proud now.

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #10 
I'll be there.

Paul
Bremenkamp

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #11 
If we can find it we will be there.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!