Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
forum logo

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

Cross-Florida AMA National Adventure Ride April 4 & 5, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 

RESPECT HUNTERS: Stay out of the woods during hunting season, even small game. They have the ear of FWFG who polices the area and can cause a lot of headaches for us, PLUS do you really want to be pissing off someone who's been drinking all day and hasn't shot a damn thing???

DixieDualSport has worked with the Division of Forestry for the past 10 years and has a successful, respectful relationship, and this includes our respect for other forest user groups, they've gone to bat for us on a few occasions with positive results because we advocate and live the Responsible Motorcyclist creedo.

Please do your part.

Come hunting season, there's always the will to ride because you CAN. But during the season, the question is if you SHOULD. The ill-will it creates with hunters causes conflict in Tallahassee and friction between the land-owner and over-lay agencies.

Currently, they're wrestling with this new ATV law that's come about, if we give them more ammunition, they'll change the regulations again, and as many of you know, it took us, DixieDualSport (then WDSRC) some work to get the regulations chnaged in the first place to allow street legal motorcycles in the state forest.

(yes, there was a time ALL motorcycles were not allowed! We, as a responsible user group, changed that!)

Help everyone out, respect the other users, let them have their time in the forest. We'll have ours

Devil's Creek DSR is coming up in January!

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #2 

How can I find out the dates and areas NOT to ride in ..

Is it all state forests..or what about Ocala isnt that "national"

Any suggestions on where we can ride ?

Reply with quote  #3 

Come the fall, put your riding on hold until January, unless you want to risk getting shot.

Many people just plunk around in the Croom ORV area or do street riding. The forests are for hunters in the fall.

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #4 

WOW,,Being this is my first fall,. in this area,,WOW

I can respect that,,,CROOM IT IS,,I guess

Thought we had a ride around here come november

I think I saw Palatka FL,,streets and dirts roads maybe ?

Reply with quote  #5 
Still workin on that one, but yeah, don't need anyone pissin' off a hunter and gettin shot. That happened to a guy in SC last fall!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!