**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #31 
Lookin' good Tim.........she brings back a lot of memories!!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #32 
Soooo Purrrrty Tim

Love that bike.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
TNdualsport

Declined A Position In The Obama Administration
Reply with quote  #33 
I've had some interruptions this winter on the Penton restoration but it is coming along slowly and getting close. I really hope to race it this summer. It really doesn't need much more. Just a little time and some fine tuning. Pictures coming soon.

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #34 
Keep going and get er done!

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
TNdualsport

Reply with quote  #35 
I got to ride it today! Started first crank! I bet it is the first ride on this bike in 30 years.
It is almost race ready just need to break her in then lay the Bendzall racing castor to it. I had custom made springs for it as well. It's done right.  Having a little issue with the kill switch is all.Penton Done! 002.JPG   
Penton Done! 003.JPG

Reply with quote  #36 
Heading to Vintage Days in Ohio next week. If someone lays the cash on me she might not make it home. But it will be priced high because I really like the way it runs and handles right now.

Reply with quote  #37 
Very sharp !!!   Just remember ... kill switches are accessories ... it's the go parts that make you smile.[biggrin]

Mike
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #38 
nice job Coontail!

Last time I visited KTM World in Cedartown GA, they had a similar Penton hanging on the wall in the showroom.  They might want another one.  [ne_nau] 

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #39 
BRAVOOOOO!!!! YES SIR. LOOKIN' GOOD!

Reply with quote  #40 
new penton 002.JPG 
I put some retro "mod" numbers on it today. I ran a tank of fuel trough it and screwed with the carburetor over and over. She runs great sitting in neutral and plug looks great but don't run good when put on a load like uphill or so, or on top end. Any suggestions? It has a Mikuni carb.
Help!

Reply with quote  #41 
Excuse the Honda tail and the Doberman tail in the picture, you know how they are.

Reply with quote  #42 
The needle position clip, I set in the middle to start with and oiled up the plug pretty quick and smoked pretty bad, I now have it at the highest setting which drops it lower. It seems to do better there and that was where it was when I got the bike a few years back. But it had other things that were not correct so i don't know. I haven't had a 2 stroke in many years so it's new to me again.

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #43 
CoonMan,

Sent you a PM[beer]

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNdualsport

I ran a tank of fuel trough it and screwed with the carburetor over and over. She runs great sitting in neutral and plug looks great but don't run good when put on a load like uphill or so, or on top end. Any suggestions? It has a Mikuni carb.
Help!

Do you have an in line gas filter installed?
Some suggestions;
Plugged jets
Water in gas
Vent tube plugged
Float level off
exhaust stopped up
Try a new spark plug (most likly not it, but easy to try.

timing off

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!