Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
forum logo

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

Cross-Florida AMA National Adventure Ride April 4 & 5, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
OhioTed

Reply with quote  #1 
What's this, you ask.  Well, OVBSAOC is the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club, and the "Reliability Run" Dual-Sport ride is a long-standing event which takes place in the Appalachian foothills of Southeastern Ohio.

I've been involved with the OVBSAOC for several years now, and it's a great bunch of people.  This, their 32nd Fall Rally, is a really fun event.  In addition to the DS ride, they've got Observed Trials, a swap meet, auction, field games, a bike show, themed, guided road rides, camping, food, live music, and much, much more. 

Great, laid-back location, very family-friendly atmosphere, and very inexpensive.  Here's a link to the rally: http://ohiovalleybsaownersclub.com/Site/forum2/events/57-2013-august-rally-9th-10th-11th.  And, here's a link to the Reliability Run:  http://ohiovalleybsaownersclub.com/Site/forum2/the-reliability-run-dual-sport-ride/174-reliability-run-pre-registration-w-t-shirt-deal.

About the ride:  First, this is a great location for a DS event.  The terrain is all hilly and thickly wooded, with lots of great back roads and some very nice trails.  And, best of all, we've made this ride fun and challenging for anyone, on any bike.  See, the BSA club is all about vintage bikes, yet we realize that most DS riders these days are on modern bikes.  So, we lay out the best ride we can for those guys, yet with by-pass routes around the tough stuff for vintage bikes and/or less-experienced riders.  I lay out the ride on the oldest and funkiest of bikes, just to show it can be done on just about anything.  Yet, I challenge the best of you to come out, on the newest and bestest of DS bikes, and come away from the ride dissatisfied.  It's fun. 

Come on out.  Ride the event.  Stay for the weekend.  You'll enjoy it.   

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!