Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
forum logo

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Devil's Creek Dual Sport, Feb 28, 29, March 3 2020. Sold Out in 11 Hours!

Cross-Florida AMA National Adventure Ride April 4 & 5, 2020

Forest Clean-Up August 2020
Gobbler November 2020

Author   Comment  
mundyspro

Honor Student
at DDS Elementary
Reply with quote  #1 
There is approx. 70 miles of well marked designated trails on the south side of I-10.Licensed ORV's are allowed on the north side of I-10, and with D/S bikes, you can ride up into Ga. and back. Good place to ride when it's DRY. Rangers are pretty friendly. Watch out for the mailman!!!! USDA-southern region has good maps. Gas station in Olustee has pamphlets with maps, also food. BBQ across street.
DangerousDad47

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #2 
Back in the day...Early 70's the Bushwhacker Enduro Club staged several FTR Enduros in the Osceola Forrest. To this day I have not found a better place to ride than Osceola. It offers many different types of terrain and as Mundy said: It gets very interesting if wet.

Have any of you guys road along the Little St. Marys when the water is way down? We had laid out an enduro that crossed the river under the bridge up near Taylor. At that point it must have been 25 down to the water under the bridge. Two weeks before the enduro it started raining and by race day the water was only 3' below the bridge. We lost about 45 miles of a 100 mile run. I have to say I never took the oportunity to ride south of US 90.

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
mundyspro

Honor Student
at DDS Elementary
Reply with quote  #3 
We found one little spot on the Ga. side of the St. Mary's river. Mostly residential now. Been itchin' to go again, now that north end is re-opened. Curious about forest fire damage.
mundyspro

Honor Student
at DDS Elementary
Reply with quote  #4 
Been getting out towards Pinhook Swamp (literally) NASTY looking, slimy green, burnt trees rising out of the muck on one side of the road, dry and untouched on the other. Deep Creek (not too deep right now). Monsoons that hit Jacksonville, never made it out that far!
Designated trails are not near as SANDY as Ocala,and COST NOTHING,some areas North of I-10 is like riding on golf course grass!
BUT, then again- General Gun starts Nov. 10th thru Jan. 10th. AND YES, it is crowded with hunters, EVEN ON the designated trail system!

cycleman

What The Heck Was THAT?
Reply with quote  #5 

Anybody heard about the Enduro at Richlom last week-end.  A friend of mine said he entered and had an awful time due to all the water.  Out of over a hundred riders only about ten finished.  He said he spent the entire day helping and getting help from all the mud bogs.  He said this was by far the worst event he has ever entered, and this guy is a very good rider.  Bill

swampy

Reply with quote  #6 
Look for a new event coming this spring to the Osceola....

I'll keep teasing you until then!

Honor Student
at DDS Elementary
Reply with quote  #7 
Seems like the Osceola rangers are more accomadating when compared to Lake George district rangers. FWC officers are pretty cordial too.
"phase 2" access designation route decision is out and claims another 240 miles of mixed use trail to be kept, for a total estimate of 360 miles.
No word on when they'll start marking them though. Manpower shortage.

Trouble

Emergency Parking Only
Reply with quote  #8 

I would like to ride OsceolaNF with peeps who are familiar with it so if you ever schedule a group ride this winter, please post it.

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #9 
We ride Osceola every month and the River City Dirt Riders, rcdr.org, out of Jacksonville, will be having an event there in March. It is listed on the DDS event board as the Big Bear DSR in Lake City. It is an awesome place to ride and where I learned to ride off road! Now that hunting season is over, we will be hitting the trails as soon as the weather permits, though we did ride the forest roads during hunting season!

DT175
XT225

<^,,^>
Green Cove Springs, FL.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!