AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
bradluke0

Lost My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all !  Now that I have a tagged bike , when I go to Ocala ( Big Scrub ) do I need a 3 day or annual pass ? Also , I remember some roads were closed at certain times , Mostly from Nov to January . Is this still the way it is ? Also , iF I was to trailer my bike up there is the only place to park ( legally ) is Big Scrub campsite?     thx all....brad 
swampy

Reply with quote  #2 
Brad, I'd suggest starting from where you are used to. In case of breakdown or emergency, you know where your vehicle is.

As for the passes, if you're only going one weekend, the three day will work, but if you visit often the yearly will do the trick.

You've probably seen this already but follow this link for more info on the Ocala Trail Systems..

Here's the map for the Ocala Adventure Trail, it starts out of Big Scrub,  don't let the name fool you, it's not a big bike thing...

Lost My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi all !   Thx for the quick response . Not really sure what you mean by "it's not a big bike thing"  Not sure I understand all the ligo yet!    thx brad 
swampy

Reply with quote  #4 
The are dual sports (XRL, DRZ, EXC) and there are Big Adventure Bikes (Tiger, GS, Super T)

So not for big bikes means, well, not for big bikes! Riding in Ocala, the perfect size is 300-650... 300 for the hp to lift you up and plane on the sand, the 650 limit due to the weight and the fatigue it brings with it...

There are no hardpacked trails. It's all sand.

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #5 
Darn! Another spelling mistake.

Did you say "planing" on sand?

I always thought you meant "plowing". 

That's what it was !!!!   But now that I know....  

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #6 
Brad, for more information about riding in Ocala National FOrest, see my post in the Ocala thread.

Lost My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi all !  Thanks again for the quick info . OK, now I get it ...I thought my 450 was a big bike ! Last time we road Ocala was about 5 years ago . It was more cross country than anything which is fine for us . thx again...brad        kismet....will find and look at that ocala thread...thx   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!