**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
TNdualsport

Declined A Position In The Obama Administration
Reply with quote  #1 
We have something cool going on here this weekend and I have never heard of such.
At the Gray Fairgrounds we are having an actual dualsport bike show. It is all off road orientated with a baddest 4x4 truck contest, baddest ATV, baddest Jeep and then a baddest dualsport bike. I'm going to take my Husqvarna down for the heck of it since I want to check it out anyway.
Pictures coming.

Reply with quote  #2 
Let's see what it's about!

Reply with quote  #3 
They have this every year but it's usually about Harley and Hot rods. I think it is a peoples choice judged event. So in other words I think the Harley riders would vote Anti-Jap bike so I might get away with a trophy. But anyway I think it will be a great opportunity to meet some like minded people in this area. I will be wearing a cool DixieDualSport Tee Shirt, I think that would be required. So wish me luck I'll be representing you guys. For some reason though I think a heavily farlked KLR will win. That seems to be the ultimate dualsport every time.

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #4 
Tim, how you liking the 449?

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #5 
Go get 'em Tim......Maybe your theory will pay off!
Either way the Husky's a winner!

PS.... Zip Ty Racing (Husky's factory sponsored race team) has an ECU reflash for the 449 that gives it even more punch throughout the revs (if you need any more). At only 40 bucks it's a bargain. Gonna get mine done after Colorado.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/te449-511-ecu-upgrade/

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

TNdualsport

Reply with quote  #6 
I was expecting a different type of reply when I said I would be representing DDS.
Then I was going to reply........

"Hoist The Jolly Rodger!!!"

Take no Prisoners!!

Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks for the tip Toolie

Reply with quote  #8 
In reply to wing " how you liking the 449"

I like it real well. It wasn't what I was shopping for but has worked out good so far. I haven't taken it on the brutal Iron Mnt trail yet but after riding my XR650L there I know the Husky will shine.

Reply with quote  #9 
Just another note on the 449, I went through so much crap on the TE310 I bought originally, my wife absolutely hated that bike. You would have thought I had Satan sitting in the basement. It made a little tension to say the least. Her being a red headed German she really likes the 449 for the simple fact that it's a totally German engineered bike with the "Red Head" motor. But she is kind of tight with our funds and I have a lot invested in a used bike after all is said and done. But anyway, all is fine now. She has moved on to the money I'm spending on the Penton so the Husky is off the hook for now.

Reply with quote  #10 
I was totally disappointed in the show. It turned into their typical Harley and Hot-rod thing they do every year but with a really bad turn out. They won't do the off road based thing again. A 66 GTO won best overall on cars and a very nice 1942 WWII Indian as best overall bike. There were about 40 Harleys entered in the show and only 2 dualsport bikes. And for the baddest dualsport I got beat out by a new stock KLR. He did have a cool rifle case and coyote tail on it though. I guess that trumps a pirate flag and coon tail every time.
My biggest let down was the fact that of all the vintage and newer dualsport bikes I see buzzing around were not present. I was really looking forward to meeting some like minded people.
I also new I was in trouble when one of the judges was looking at my bike and I overheard " Husqvarna, when did they start making motorcycles? I bought one of their lawnmowers from Lowes and had to take it back twice because of oil leaks."

Didn't take any pictures. Oh well.

Reply with quote  #11 
On another note, I did pass another Husky on the way home and he actually turned around and ran me down. He had to tell me that I had the only other Husqvarna that he had ever ran across. (maybe they are all at Lowes getting the oil leaks fixed). He had a very cool 650 with the Touratech hard bags on it. We planned on riding together sometime.

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
There were about 40 Harleys entered in the show and only 2 dualsport bikes. 

Look at the bright side........at least you came in second! 

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

TNdualsport

Reply with quote  #13 
Yea I should have taken my wife's Jeep and got her a trophy, There was only 3 Jeeps there. But who knows, seems like you had to be in there little click.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!