**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
frank33m

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #1 

Hello , I just registered so I could find out some more about Dual Sport . I'm turning 50 in March and have been on 2 Wheels since I was 5 . I raced MX as a kid - teens , have been on the street and woods from my teens on and have Flat Tracked for the past 10+ years . In August of '10 I purchased a Cabin in Nantahala off of Wayha Rd . in Topton NC . I have a neighbor up there that has a KLR and he ask me about a Dual Sport . I started looking and found a like new '03 MZ Baghira and got it . We've ridden this past Fall on some of the dirt roads to Snowbird , from Andrews to Robbinsville , and Tellico over into Tenn. I had a blast doing it and look foward to more . A couple of my buddies are getting XR-650R's ready now . This Dual Sport seems to be easier on the body than the Racing is ! Hope to see some of you fellows soon and would like to try the ride coming up in January . Do you have to be a AMA Member or any other type member to ride ?

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #2 
WELCOME to the DDS Dirt Pile!!!!!

You have a GREAT area to ride.  I have a small place north of Franklin so we are almost neighbors.  I am there now but no bike this trip. Did get some snow already.

As for needing a AMA card some rides you do, but most you do not. Not sure which Jan ride you are referring to.

Where did you find the '03 MZ Baghira at?

Again welcome.

Mark - (The good looking one.)

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
marshwater

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #3 
i live in macon county near cullasaja river.  lots of good stuff here in macon county.  got a few guys riding around here.  let me know if you want to ride.  we may do a loop in the next few days. 

ronnie

marshwater@hotmail.com
three-4-nine-nine-4-nine-0

frank33m

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks for the response . I live in Columbia SC and don't get to the cabin as much as I like . I raise turkeys as part of my living and that limits me getting up to the mountains . I had a friend that bought the MZ new and is a fanatic about neat and clean . It had never been off the pavement when I got it . Took the street tires off and put on a pair of Pirelli MT-60 , that look like the tires we use to dirt track with and seemed to do pretty good on the dirt and pavement . After riding it some I sold my Ducati Hyper-Motard .

Bill

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #5 

MZ Baghira…

I never heard of this kind of motorcycle before. Did some web searching…very cool! Congrats. Can you lob some pics up?

Happy Birthday in March! Life starts at 50.  

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #6 
Franklin is my home away from home.
frank33m

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #7 

I hope to get up with some of you guys soon to explore Western NC and more . This is really a nice and informative site BUT there sure isn't very much activity on it , WHY ?? I wanted to try the Broxton Bridge DS but no one really had much to say about it so I didn't go . Here it is the day after and still nothing , I can't figure it out . After one of our Flat Track races , we get home at 1am and several folks have already post something about the race ?? Guess this DS id a little different , I'll get it figured up !

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #8 
Frank, did you see this post?

http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/Broxton-Bridge-DS-2012-5511556

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #9 
The race is today (Sunday). I'm sure there will be some posts coming soon.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #10 

Welcome Frank...I know your motorcycle story (history) all too well. You'll like dual sporting and adventure riding.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
frank33m

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #11 

I'm planning on coming to the cabin in Nantahala the first week of April . Anyone in the area got any time to ride ? Let me know if your interested . Thanks , Frank

frank33m

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #12 

I'll be @ the Cabin Thursday . I have 4 other guys coming to ride Friday afternoon and Saturday . Anyone in the area interested in going or guiding ? Frank

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!