AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
Yogi28

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,
My name is yogi and have been lurking quietly for a while.
Live in citrus park area. I finally got a lighter bike a couple days ago. Added a drz400s to hang out with the gs1200. I'm looking to find some roads/trails to ride in either the withlacoochee or Ocala forest.
Any recommendations on either forest I'm not looking to go find the toughest rides first. It's been a decade of two since I did real full blow trail riding. I have had the gs on fire roads and such but the big girl with 90% road tires had serious limitations. I would prefer to find something in the withlacoochee forest seeing that it's closer to home.
And I'm not being lazy. I have went and got Ocala maps and down loaded the PDFs from the forest service sites. Just would like some input from some locals
Thanks
Yogi
RONNE

MBS of Adventure Studies
Reply with quote  #2 
Yogi   try  Ocala  and   stick  to the  fire   roads   [dirtbike]

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #3 
Just hope you love sand, lots of it and deep.

There are a lot of logging roads in the Lochloosa management area up near Hawthorne.

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello,

I'm in the Land-O-Lakes area.   I know some places ride.  I'll send you a PM my contact information.
Misfitfly

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #5 
Hey Yogi, if you ever feel like coming up to the Osceola National Forest that's where we ride every other Friday, sometimes on Saturday. My name is Brad . I'm in my 40's and my buddy Jon is in his 50's. We both ride DRZ400s models. The Osceola is not much sand, but it can be a little wet and muddy in spots. I know it's kind of far for you but you're welcome to join us anytime.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!