**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #1 
Finally got knobbies for the DRZ4, settled on Michelin AC10s. They are DOT legal, reversible, and appear to be pretty aggressive by the pictures. Well, the pictures dont lie!

They would appear to be very sand friendly, although I havent had the chance to check them out. They worked well on the hard packed Georgia clay and loam last weekend, put about 20 miles in.

Went out for a street ride yesterday, put over 100 miles on them. I was pleasantly surprised by the road manners, felt very secure. Wear on the front is almost none, and the rear is just losing the edge.

Very happy with the purchase! $137 shipped from motorcycle-superstore.com

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #2 

Those are some aggressive looking DOT approved tires. I used to run a tire very much like these on my race bikes and loved them.

Bert

Michelin AC 10 Enduro-MX Rear Tire - 120/90-18/--Michelin Cross AC10 Motorcycle Tire Dual/Enduro Front 80/100-21

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
rich_in_orlando

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Good luck with them. I tried them years ago on my WR400. The knobs flew off like cut hay when I got on mountain gravel roads and the front was scary in the sand down here in Florida. I imagine if you avoid those scenarios they will  be great tires. 

They look good but I'm not sure any DOT knobbie beats a 606. 

YMMV

Just How Many Barricades
DOES Bob Have?
Reply with quote  #4 
Dunlop 606 in rear and Pirelli MT21 in front is a tough combo to beat.

Jerry Detz
11' KTM 990 ADV-R
08' KTM 450 EXC-R Plated

"Riding, Mediocrity, and Excessive Alcohol can help all attain a full and rewarding life." ......TEAM WANKER
swampy

Reply with quote  #5 
 for what Jerry said!

Ob1, let us know how you fare with the Michelins... I've never used them and only remember Rich's experience with them... I was in Georgia with him that time and the knobs did indeed chunk off....they may have changed the compound since then. Let us know!

Reply with quote  #6 

I just mounted 606s both front and back on the 690...oh yeah, I got them brand new with the bike, so I already like them better than anything I'd have to actually pay $$$ for.

That is unless anyone here wants to sponsor me to another tire deal.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
bork

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #7 
The AC10 look great but I've heard not so encouraging results also. Michelin has changed some manufacturing plants to other countries, & know that many of the racers who swore by them stopped using them because they weren't the same now. But hopefully the AXC10 is different.

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #8 
Like I said, so far, very happy! After I got them mounted and aired up, I gave them the "grab the knob test". It has always been my experience that a flexible knob doesnt chunk, just the stiff ones. Generally speaking, older tires {before or after the sale} that have hardened due to age and heat are stiff and liable to chunk.

These were nice and flexible.

I'll know more after Armenia!

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #9 
 I have run the Michelin T63's with good wear and no chunking problems and currently have about 1400 miles on the rear tire. I removed the front because it didn't like sand..............at all. They do a good job on hard pack and pavement and offer a smooth ride for DOT aggressive tires.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

bork

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #10 
Hmmm That T63 looks close to the Michelin Desert model I liked, But they got real pricey. I wish they would post actual pics, The air brush photos, seem like they are trying to make it more appealing?

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #11 
Hmmm, I wonder...

Out there in the RV community {I'm talk ones with huge, expensive tires}, the production date of the tire is important. Older tires = problems. There is a production date code stamped into the tires, easy enough to decipher.

Have to have a look!

What I do know is these tires smelled "fresh" and felt pliable. Color was deep black, not hazy dark gray. Had some quick launches on pavement, no damage seen.

Know more after Armenia!

bradluke0

Lost My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #12 
Hi all !   We have the T63's on our second set of rims for each bike. They are very good on the street and good to fair off road .  95% of my dirt riding has been on S12's and 95% of my street riding has been on sticky sport tires , so a grain of salt is needed . The T63's are wearing quite well and are not noisy on the street . Wish we would have gotten a "knobbier" street/trail tire .   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!