**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 

Alrighty....

It only dawned on me this year how sneaky Mrs Swampy really has been all this time.

Let me explain...

There's always someone planning a ride or two that I can't make on the Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekends. And why not?!? They're a perfect 3 Day that most people have off anyway....but not me... well at least I finally figured out why! 

See Mrs Swampy's Birthday is on or about Memorial Day Weekend each year, so we're always doin sumthin for her birthday! ( and our Anniversary always falls on or about the labor Day Weekend!)

This year we went to Daytona for the weekend to celebrate her milestone with all the kids and grandkids, and she always hooks me in with that phrase.... "Why don't you ride your motorcycle over" to which my annual reply is "Okay."

This year, New Port Richey to Daytona Beach. It's been about a 3 hour ride every other time....

Let's get this report started!

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #2 
So, how many hours did it take??
1992 Beta Zero
DRIVER

Reply with quote  #3 

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #4 

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
swampy

Reply with quote  #5 

So last Friday my trip began for our family weekend/wife's birthday!

I rolled the bike outa the garage ( since I didn't take the "start at the garage" picture that is usually required, for display purposes, image the BMW that I don't have anymore is a Triumph that I do have, and instead of blue, it's white, and instead of being a slug pig it's nimble, and handles...)

Okay, so you got that.... good.... haven't lost you yet.......(yet being a relative term....)

So a few days before, Mrs told me Deputy Tim was gonna ride his bike over as well... but he was working the night shift before. So I told her to tell his wife to tell him that I would leave later and meet down by his place. That way he'd have at least a few hours to nap before riding..... and they live down in Port Charlotte...

So about 1030 I pull out of the driveway and head south... figure I'd take I-75 for a while, exit around Bradenton, and shoot into Arcadia at our pre-determined meeting place....

But before Bradenton, I had to make one stop because I always wanted to see it...and it's only a mile from I-75 in Ellenton...

After this quick stop it was on to Arcadia!

The roads south of the Skyway are open, the sky is blue-er, and there's much less traffic...

Hey look!

So I motor thru Limestone and on to...

__________________________________________________________.

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #6 

Theres Limestone!!

2009 XT250 "XTacyIV"
swampy

Reply with quote  #7 

So we leave Arcadia.....

How do you know you're way south of I-4? SwampBuggies!

So we worked our way across the state.... on roads like this....

Deputy Tim's Tiger only has 600 miles on it and looked too clean.... a quick spin changed that!

Deputy Tim's Tim's Tiger looks good in orange, but everyone knows that the white Tigers are the fast ones! Here's a white Tiger in it's natural element!

HEY! How'd we get here! I know...... down that god forsaken stretch of highway called SR60! 

... and how could we not stop at the business district.....

Learn a little history.....

.... and see that they have already posted a sign in case any Wankers stop by....

Reply with quote  #8 

Nice ride report and spot on as well.

Bert

Quote:
Deputy Tim's Tim's Tiger looks good in orange, but everyone knows that the white Tigers are the fast ones!

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
swampy

Reply with quote  #9 

And to tie up the loose ends....

We motor into Vero Beach....

... and follow A1A North... Here you can see the orange Tiger is behind the white Tiger....

A late after noon on the waterfront....

.... up past Patrick AFB....

... look.... an orange Tiger!

.... and after a while....

...and with the clock ticking after 6pm, we were still an hour  out of Daytona, so it was off onto I-95 and into Daytona...

507 miles later, I finally pull into the hotel at Daytona Beach...

It didn't look that far on the map!

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #10 
I know some places in Ga where this would fit also.........

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #11 
Jack Ass Crossing = Yee Haw Junction.
A Jack Ass knows what Yee and Haw means and a true Southerner does too!

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!