Reply with quote  #1 
Got this from a friend who works at FDOT:

3. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 15, 2013

Release #13-094

Firm's Recall Hotline: (888) 985-6090

CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772

CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908 

KTM North America Recalls Enduro Motorcycles Due to Fuel Leak, Fire and Crash Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: Enduro motorcycles

Units: About 1,300

Importer: KTM North America, Inc., of Amherst, Ohio

Manufacturer: KTM-Sportmotorcycle AG, of Mattighofen, Austria

Hazard: During use, the pre-formed fuel hose can develop small holes or cracks at the ends of the hose, allowing fuel to leak. This poses a fire and crash hazard to the rider and/or others.

Incidents/Injuries: KTM has received 13 reports of fuel leaks. No injuries have been reported.

Description: The recall includes seven 2013 and one 2012 model off-road and closed-course motorcycle. Model numbers included are: 2013 KTM Motorcycles: 250 XC-F, 250 XCF-W, 350 XC-F, 350 XCF-W, 450 XC-F, 450 XC-W, 500 XC-W and MY 2012 KTM 350 XCF-W. The model number is printed on the rear fender on both sides of the motorcycle just below the tail end of the seat. These two-wheeled motorcycles are black and orange. KTM is printed on the front number plate/headlight mask and on both sides of the shrouds covering the fuel tank.

Sold at: Authorized KTM dealers nationwide from October 2011 through September 2012 for between $8,500 and $9,600.

Manufactured in: Austria

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled KTM motorcycles and contact a KTM authorized dealer to schedule a free repair.

Consumer Contact: KTM North America Inc. toll-free at (888) 985-6090 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at http://www.ktmusa.com and click on Dealer and Service for more information.

To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13094.html

2009 XT250 "XTacyIV"
pa_28r_200

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #2 
Damn, you got me all excited. I thought it was a recall for them being slow. My bad.
swampy

Reply with quote  #3 
That's the BMW GS recall Bruce.....

Walked riiiiiiight into THAT one!

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
That's the BMW GS recall Bruce.....

Walked riiiiiiight into THAT one!

aaaachhayeaahhh...like I didn't see that coming......how's that shoulder doing ?? Need anybody to drive you home ??

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!