New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
beastrider

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #1 
Saddle bags for a KLX 250

I have done a bunch of searches on Saddlebags for my KLX 250 and have got it down to about 3 different types. Ortlieb, which are waterproof and soft and require apparently no frames with which to drape them over.....Wolfman, which are not waterproof and also require no frames....and Dirt-Bagz....also not waterproof but do come with frames that you mount on the bike. Anybody have experience with saddlebags on their KLX? Would appreciate your thoughts and recommendations and of course pics. I don't plan to do any extended trips on the KLX but certainly some 2 or 3 day ones and would be camping. I am also a little concerned about soft luggage touching the high exhaust on the right side and wonder if the above bags somehow solve that problem. I currently have a small pelican top case installed as well as a Wolfman enduro tank bag. Thanks for your help.

Here is what "Kermit" looks like with the Pelican case and tank bag on...

JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #2 
Check this system out

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #3 
Sure are loading down that 250.  Great looking bike! 

Did I read right $399.00  for the giant loop bag????

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
beastrider

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #4 

I thought that price was a little steep as well....although seems to be a well thought out solution. I was thinking smaller as well.....kind of like the Dirt Bagz standard solution and its just over half the price of the Loop.

swampy

Reply with quote  #5 
I'd recommend DirtBagz....

Had a set on my KLR and on my DR650. Jakbrand has them on his 525EXC and I think Frosty has them on his DR650 as well....

Good all around bags. So what if they're not waterproof. Ya get yerself some big Ziplock freezer bags and away ya go!

Those Giantloop bags look...well IMHO.... stupid. I'm just sayin'.

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks folks.....am leaning toward the Dirt Bagz...lot's of guys use them and they seem like a good value.....and don't look stupid. Thanks again for your input.

DirtbikeBill

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #7 
I personally like the look and size of the Ortlieb bags. Being in the pacific north west area, it makes sense for me to get waterproof bags. In the pictures I was able to find it looks like they have a decent heat sheild but it is still a concern and I may consider mounting a thin piece of metal onto the bag to be safe. I will let everyone know how they work after I get them mounted. Thanks for saving me a bunch of time searching.
kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #8 
I have the Wolfman enduro bags with the duffle for longer rides. The right side
rides on the exhaust with no issues. I like that they do not require any
frames. The mounting system is secure. Set it and forget it. I leave them
on my DRZ250 year  round. For the money it is a good value.

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!