**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
jonemiles

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #16 
If a B rider rides at C rider pace in the tech stuff they have less chance of making mistakes vs C rider riding 100%

Not saying C rider can't ride there. They would slow the faster riders down or get hurt trying to keep up was my concern. The A,B riders have worked hard for years getting to that level so I don't think it's fair asking them to spend a week waiting on slower riders or getting them to hospital is why I said B or better.

More experience equals...Safer for everyone. I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATRICK
I rode those trails a few years back as a FTR "C" rider on my EXC300 and had no issues. After a couple hill climbs and downhill sections you figure it out. IMO anybody that has been riding at a high level for a few years would have no issues there. What you DON'T want is to take a beginner or someone that still has a riding learning curve.

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

02 KTM 520 EXC dirt 05 KTM 525 EXC supermoto or dirt 07 SV650 ST transformer
jonemiles

Reply with quote  #17 
3 weeks!

tic toc

PS: Anybody have a KTM 200 they want to sell?  The more I watch these videos, I want a smaller woods weapon...

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

jonemiles

Reply with quote  #18 
2 weeks!

Times flying!

The excitement is building...

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

jonemiles

Reply with quote  #19 
1 week to go...

Took the bikes out for a test ride and gave them another once over... The 520 carb starts leaking and KTM fan not working. WHAT!  I will get on replacing the O-ring with correct one to fix that leak. Had shop clean carb last year and fix this same leak, looks like they used cheap standard O-ring vs gas treated one. They screwed up more than they fixed, imagine that!

And fan problem was one of those cheap wire connectors that come with fan broke.

Then the 525 test ride ends with coolant leaking from weep hole WTF!  I then noticed the upper chain roller I loc-tited the crap out of so it didn't come loose AGAIN is missing. I'm glueing the new one on with gorilla glue vs loc-tite. 2 lost in less than a year at $40 ea. is crazy.  

Parts will be here Tue. and the race begins to have everything finished by Thur. plus working 12 hr. days.

Ya, this is why I'm taking 2 bikes and lots of parts plus now considering the SV for street duty too so if the 520 craps out and 525 has to take over off road duty, I would still have SV for street.

Just when I was starting to like my KTM's

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #20 
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828536
jonemiles

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks!

Here is another... http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/My-2012-Hatfield-amp-McCoy-Ride-Report-6020993

Was originally posted under Epic rides too but if your not the mayor of forum the HMT is just another ride report. So it can now be found in WV section.

Although his HMT report remains in both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828536

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #22 
Sorry, I missed the posts there, thought I was "importing" your report. Looks like you had a good time! Might have to go to H-McC come springtime...

As far as moving things around, werent me, my "mod" powers are limited to the January section of the ride schedule, where many hundreds of errant posters have been vanquished!
jonemiles

Reply with quote  #23 
Hey Ob1quixote , wasn't pointing fingers. Thanks for helping out...

I would have followed up on the links but was a little offended somebody moved my 2 wk. ride from the Epic section while leaving anothers 1 week ride to HMT in the Epic section. Politics!  Just sayin! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Sorry, I missed the posts there, thought I was "importing" your report. Looks like you had a good time! Might have to go to H-McC come springtime...

As far as moving things around, werent me, my "mod" powers are limited to the January section of the ride schedule, where many hundreds of errant posters have been vanquished!

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

swampy

Reply with quote  #24 
Epic Rides reports are for reports that garner over 1000 views. once your report hits those numbers, then it becomes an epic report and goes into Epic Rides...

So in the meantimesince the HM is in WV, there it is in the appropriate section.

If you look in Epic Rides, the lowest one has like 1200 views...

Reply with quote  #25 
I misunderstood the rules or confused with another forums rules.

I thought it was for 1 wk. or longer trips. Maybe that was ADV rules.

I appoaligize for my above statement which was out of line.

I now see ALL epic post are over 1000 views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
Epic Rides reports are for reports that garner over 1000 views. once your report hits those numbers, then it becomes an epic report and goes into Epic Rides...

So in the meantimesince the HM is in WV, there it is in the appropriate section.

If you look in Epic Rides, the lowest one has like 1200 views...

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

swampy

Reply with quote  #26 
No problem!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!