**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 
[Gobbler%20logo%202019%20large-L] 

The Gobbler is Back! and is in full effect for 2019!

Saturday November 9th, Mt Dora Florida

100+ miles of rolling Central Florida countryside, photo ops, points of interest, curvy roads, and rural America. (Lunch and gas is on your own and available on the routes. No chase truck)

Adventure route is 80/20 paved and dirt roads. Some dirt roads my be hard packed, some loose sand, but you will get a variety! (I am currently working on a special scenic side loop to an area we've never use before.)

Street/Vintage route is 100% pavement. Some may be narrow single lane, and we do our best to avoid high traffic areas, but sometimes you gotta go thru them to get to the other stuff.

I know some of you have vintage bikes and love to ride and show them off, so here's your chance. Bring them out! You know the old saying: Ride 'em don't hide 'em! You may even go home with a trophy!

Mt Dora is a lovely place, and great for spouses who may want to join you. They can stroll around the shops and boutiques of the quaint downtown area.

We recommend waiting until the end of the event to have lunch, as there are so many good places in town, from English food to Cuban, Mexican to American or Mediterranean. Google it up and find a good spot for lunch with your sweetie when you get back! But if you can't, we'll point you towards some good eats along the way!

Everyone has been touched by mental health issues, adults and children. From anxiety to depression, we all someone who suffers and works their way through, some of us have known people who have committed suicide, or struggle with the day to day tasks of life with schizophrenia. So let's go Gobbling and raise awareness for Mental Health, break the stigma, and bring it into the light!
Check out National Alliance on Mental Illness NAMI.org

Can't make it, still want a t-shirt, and still want to help? Register anyway! We'll ship it to you after the event!

You must register on-line, use link below.

This event is Sanctioned by the AMA. AMA Membership NOT REQUIRED, but encouraged.

All registrations before October 10, receive a t-shirt and advance availability of route sheets and GPS tracks.
After October 10, no shirt. (You may think that sucks, but they have to be ordered and paid for!)

*** IMPORTANT ***
Upon registering you will receive instructions on how to enter the Gobbler Rider area, print it. Use it. You will also receive an email stating the same. Check your spam/trash if not in your email. Follow the instructions. This is where you will find details and other event info, your route sheets and GPS info. You can also follow along as we string the route together, and introduce yourself to other riders!

Registration is $45 per rider.

Let's get this Gobbler started!

Online Registration Closed

But you can sign up on-site at

Seminole Powersports North
Hwy 441 Eustis, FL

A limited number of ADV and Street route sheets will be available at sign-in, and/or you can join others!

Sign-In 0830-0900

Riders Meeting/KSU 0930

Last Bike Out 1000

Late registrations do not include t-shirts.

Lunch on own

Gas on Route

Entry $45

Thank you for helping raise awareness of Mental Health Issues!

[gobbler%202019%20flyer-XL]

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #2 
I read were it says "Quiet Motorcycles Only, Please" For those of us who own Harley's and wish to only ride, on the street. Does this still apply?
mjcowan

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #3 

You should bring it. 

Any responsible rider knows when to be easy on the throttle

[beer]

Honor Student
at DDS Elementary
Reply with quote  #4 
The Gobbler was one of Mata and my first events. This time I only see registration for rider; can the pillion get a shirt?
[ear]

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #5 
Looking for some help!  I've ridden enduros most of my life, and have recently obtained my street endorsement.  I'm interested in dual sport events, but have a little trouble finding a definition for a dual sport bike.  What type of dual sport is typical for this type of event?  Is it better to ride a true dual sport or more of an adventure bike...and what about engine size?  Thanks, Chris age 52

mjcowan

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #6 

It really depends on the rider.

If you are comfortable taking that bike off of a regular paved road then I call it a Dual Sport.

In the case of this ride we'll be on public roads but maybe "a little gnarly" at times...  

I'll probably be on a CRF250L but debating the 800 Tiger XC

mikey -age 65     [lurker]

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm registered, but have no idea where to meet for the event. Any info would be appreciated.

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #8 
Rick, The route information will be posted just days prior to the event.  Meeting place and all of the route sheets and GPS data will post in the Gobbler Rider's section of the Forum. You will receive an email letting you know it has been posted here in the Forum.

Cheers, Andy

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
DamnYankee

Where's Bert?
Reply with quote  #9 
DamnYankee here ,, aka Vern, I haven't been in here for quite some time, I miss riding in the dirt
, thanks for asking the ?? Rick, & Glad we got a response,, I hate looking for stuff that isn't there ,, Money does that sometimes too. 
Looking forward to the Gobbler ride, 

Later Vern, 

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #10 
Does anyone know when the GPS routes will be available ?

Skip Kologiski
Dougfoot1

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #11 
HI everybody, new to the forum and DDS. Would like to do this ride with a buddy, we live in Spring Hill approx 2hrs away. I know the details aren't posted as of yet but from past experiences does anyone know the typical "kickstands up" time? Coming from 2hrs away, this will play in to our decision. Thanks, Doug
swampy

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Gang!

Life sure has been hectic but we're on track for the Gobbler!

This ride is designed for easy backroads touring on paved roads, or paved and dirt. The Paved/dirt option is about 70/30 street, with dirt roads, no trails.

Best on any bike you wish to ride, but more comfortable on some than others!

THURSDAY OCTOBER 31, I will be sending out a test email for everyone who has registered. Check you inbox, trash, spam etc for it. This test is to make sure you know where to find the email that will arrive early next week with the info you want and need!

Will be a fun, no stress, easy time through the vanishing scenic Florida.

Stay tuned, I'll tell you more in the email!

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #13 
What time doe s it start?  Haven't seen that anywhere...

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #14 
What time doe s it start?  Haven't seen that anywhere...

I PM'd Swampy with this question: "KSU usually 0900"
CanAm_175

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #15 
Will be there on my WR250R Yamaha. Thought about doing it on my KLR650, but want to ride a little bike for this. Maybe next year I will bring my 71 Triumph Trophy 500 with the high pipes and knobby tires.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!