**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
Spotlight

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #1 
Man what PERFECT weather here in Tennessee this weekend I decided to get out for a little riding in the park to check out the color....whoa! man was it a traffic jam in most places....but well worth it. Fall in the Smoky mountains is always a treat!

Cades Cove was just lit up with color on this beautiful day of 73 degrees...this picture does no justice...

OH but this one does! the reds were just awesome!

We decided the traffic on Cades Cove loop road was enough, so we turned onto Rich Mountain Road and what a treat! no more traffic and GRAVEL! a red fox leaped across the road as we turned.....to fast for the camera of course...

Next thing I see is a BIG black spot with a brown face it was lock up the brakes time... for this lucky shot

Soon after we seen another one I was liking this ride I never see bears while hiking and the best part....NO TRAFFIC JAM!

The one way road out of there back into Townsend was SWEET! it was a one lane share the road kinda thing....coming off the mountain we could see the road below so it was all good!

After a late lunch stop in Gatlinburg we headed back to Maryville but decided to take the long way home on the Foothills Parkway this is a shot of the view from there. 140 mile ride a stop in to see Lt. Dan at GSMmotto.com go figure he was riding! beautiful fall scenery all was good! we finished with cold beers at the house what a great day!

I think next weekend will be as good as it will get for fall color here in the Appalachian region so come on up and ride!
swampy

Reply with quote  #2 
Completely and increadibly jealous!

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #3 

Looks a lot like how I spent today....

Parson's Branch Rd, and it ends right smack in the middle of the Tail of the Dragon.

2002 Yamaha RSV
1996 Suzuki DR350
1947 AJS Model 18
++Past++ Listing all my past bikes just shows I'm old and explains why I still work for a living.
swampy

Reply with quote  #4 
You guys riding in the mountains in the fall......you suck! :-)

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #5 
Tom Parsons is a sweeeeet ride the overlook of the dam is a pretty nice view! did you take the Foothills parkway back?
Dan

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #6 
I was hoping to post a really cool ride report from last weekend.  My son and I packed up the bikes and headed up to my cabin on Winding Stairs and Wayah Rd. We headed down Old River Road to Andrews and Tatum Gap to the Cherohala Pkwy. and Forest Rd 81 to Tellico Plains then Citico Rd. to Maryville to Deals Gap.  A funny thing happened on the way to Tellico Plains on forest Rd.81.  Two hours out, Brian crashes for no apparent reason and breaks his collar bone.  After making him as comfortable as possible and leaving snacks and camel backs with him, I slab it back to the cabin to get the truck and trailer. Return two hours later, load the bike and Brian and head to Murphey to the hospital.  6 PM, $300.00 lighter, we leave the hospital with X Rays and a sling and head back to the cabin. Next morning we head back home.  Not the ride report I was hoping to post.
Yeah Swampy, we suck!

Reply with quote  #7 
Ouch...Sorry to hear that Dan. What a bad way to end your ride.
Hope he heals soon.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
Spotlight

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #8 
WOW Dan so sorry to hear that! hope he has a speedy recovery wrecking out with injury SUCKS! my neighbor had some friends down from Michigan for a week....well they made it 20 miles one of the guys hit a newspaper in a plastic bag on the Top of the World and crashed hard broke all his ribs punctured a lung broke a pelvic bone had to be air-lifted out.

We some times get caught up in the beauty and the thrill and forget that motorcycling is a dangerous sport glad your son is OK there will be other trips the Smokie's ain't going no where...
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #9 
Dan
Sorry to hear about the crash. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #10 
Breaking ones collar bone, at the start of a ride, and for no apparent reason, I know just how that feels (NOT GOOD at All).
Same thing happen to me on at the start of a 3 day ride. As for the cost, mine was about $800 and that was about 2 years ago south of you at the Blairsville GA hospital.  Hope you son heals fast and is in not too much pain.
  ones

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
tomr62262

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #11 

Ouch, sorry to hear about the spill.  Good thing it was just a collar bone, they heal quicker than most, but He'll have trouble sleeping for about a month, as you just can't get comfortable, don't ask how I know it's embarassing.  Prayers are out for a speedy recovery.

Wayah Rd. and that off shoot buy the shooting range is a better ride than Tail of the Dragon. 

2002 Yamaha RSV
1996 Suzuki DR350
1947 AJS Model 18
++Past++ Listing all my past bikes just shows I'm old and explains why I still work for a living.
Dan

Free Beer Tommorrow!
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks for the good wishes.  I saw him this past Sunday and he seems to be doing OK.  He was in his back yard working on a boat with a friend, so I guess he is dealing with it.  And yeah, having trouble sleeping comfortably.  Still in his 20's so he will heal quick.  Not like us old farts.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!