AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
RexD

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #1 

Hello, from Port Orange Florida –

I would like to introduce myself as a returning to the dirt/dual sport rider.  I’m sure like many; I started my riding life as a young teenager riding the fields and woods and moved into Observed Trials and Scrambles/Enduro – way back when, before the military and “life” called me up…  The next phase of riding has been thirty five plus years of extensive road riding only to come full circle (by way of introducing my young son to dirt bike riding) to off road riding.  WOW, how I missed it and didn’t even know it!  Truly, enjoying rediscovering off road riding, sharing it with my son and hoping to meet like-minded dual sport riders in the area for advice, and shared riding experiences.

As I mentioned I returned to off road by way of wanting to teach my young son the fun and joy, skills and discipline (being a safe, courteous rider and knowing how to maintain your own mc) of two-wheeled adventure.  We started him off with a Yamaha PW50, quickly moved up to a PW80, and now at 9 years old a TTR125.  Along about the PW80, it was my son’s suggestion that I get my own off road bike (my current street bike didn't work to well in the fields and woods) to ride with him instead of standing by and watching him have all the fun.  DANG, what a great idea son!

Not sure where to start and wanting something dual sport for around the neighborhood yet light enough to knock around in the woods with my son.  I ended up with a 2012 Kawasaki KLX 250s, it fit the bill and am having great fun chasing my son around and starting to explore some of the more out of the way/off road places .  However, as I’m truly enjoying this “return to the dirt” I can already see a 400 - 650 dual sport in the near future and have started reading and researching (this forum has been very helpful) on where to go from here. 

I would sincerely appreciate meeting group members for rides and events, to hopefully contribute to, and enjoy more of the dual sport way…  People to ride with, riding events to attend for both myself and my son, info on both dual sport rides/routes for myself, and off road only riding areas that my son could enjoy and participate in.

I apologize for the long introduction; I guess I was kind of summing it up for myself as well –

Sincerely,

Rex Dietrich

Port Orange, FL – just South of Daytona Beach.

RexD@aol.com

[RD-n-WD-S] 

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #2 
Rex, good to have you back in the dirt and the DDS dirt .   With your son being so smart he must take after his Mother. [augie] 

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
RexD

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you, it's good to be back. And yes, the boy gets his smarts from his mother and a bit of mischief nature from me...
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #4 

Rex, here is a ride you may want to watch for next year around April that you and you son could ride.

Dream House Family Fun Ride

http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post/2014-dream-house-family-fun-ride-6814595

RexD

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank You!  Really appreciate your sharing the info as this is exactly the type of event we would enjoy and like to participate in.  
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexD
Thank You!  Really appreciate your sharing the info as this is exactly the type of event we would enjoy and like to participate in.  

"Sharing" heck I thought you where sending me big bucks for that type of "Top-Secret" information. [dirtbike]

PS: You are very Welcome.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!