A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment  
SM171

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #1 
Going to be in the Ellijay area at the end of August. Can anyone recommend some good places to DS ride (250-450cc bikes.). Thanks.

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll get ya something. Which side of Elijay will you be at... there used to be a good cajun place right there at the railraod crossing...

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Swampy. We're staying in East Ellijay. Near 52 and 515.

What The Heck Was THAT?
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM171
Going to be in the Ellijay area at the end of August. Can anyone recommend some good places to DS ride (250-450cc bikes.). Thanks.

Its really hard to pick a bad direction from Elijay. That happens to be one my favorite areas to get lost in.

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #5 
Back in 2004 I stopped into a motorcycle shop on the North side ofRobinsville NC. While there I purchased a motorcycle map. It was about 24" X 30" unfolded. On one side it had Western NC and on the other it had North Ga.
It showed lots of great roads in these areas and even noted if they were pavement, gravel or dirt.
I would assume that a dealership in the Ellijay area might carry those maps still today. The map was white with green lettering.
It was kinda "hand drawn-ish" but contained very good information.

Here are some other options on maps
1. DeLormes. You should be able to pick one of these up at a Walmart

2. http://www.info-map.com/cycle

3. http://www.n-georgia.com/orv_trails.htm 

4. http://ngeorgia.com/ang/North_Georgia_Covered_Bridge_Maps Covered bridge map

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
SM171

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #6 
Awesome, thanks for the info Bert. 

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #7 
  Dang nice info Bert.
  Rick

Reply with quote  #8 
I had to wait until I got home to get this, as it's on my laptop....

This is the Vehicle Use Map for the Chattahoochee-Oconnee NF. This is an official USFS document list the roads and trails open to vehicular use in the Hooch.

Utilize a north georgia map to get your bearings and then use this to hone in on where you wish to go...

Click the attachment below. It's a large file, print it out and start taping and you'll have the most accurate and largest map around!

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you Swampy. This is fantastic. Will be making regular trips to GA for some DS riding.

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #10 
Here is a route i have done a couples times.   Enter Amicola Falls State Park. Tell the ranger you are just passing through][ no fee required] and have him tell you how to get to the dirt road out the back side of the park. once you have cleared the park the dirt road splits. if you go left it will take you to an old church and eventually bring you out to ellijay, go right and trail ride for miles.  I would get a map of the area  there is more to those roads than we have had time to discover,   well worth it!

Another one----have someone direct you to Cashes Valley Creek Road. 5 creek crossings unreal scenery.

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!