**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
jeknow

Anyone Seen TurnSignalTom?
Reply with quote  #1 
OK went riding this morning and the 30amp fuse blew put in another uh! oh! Went a few more miles blew again...used my last one. Went a few more mile blew again luckily by a Shell station garage and the owner was good enough to give me a hand full to get me home. Anyway after that one it didn't blow again and I made it home. But noticed the brake light had quit front and back neither one worked and remember when I was riding the fuse only blew when I stopped hmm! Any way the bike is still under warranty so back to Sky she goes tomorrow. Just thought I'd post this to see if anyone had been through this and had an idea.    
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #2 
Guess that when the shop put the bike together from the shipping crate, someone got a wire pinched somewhere. Since you are having trouble with the brake light would say in that area.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
jeknow

Reply with quote  #3 
I think I found it. One of the prong plugs to the tail light came unplugged and must have shorted it out. But I guess from replacing the fuse three times and driving it home it must have burned out the brake light switches at the handle bar lever and the foot brake pedal. Not sure if the warranty will cover that or not. Any idea how hard it would be to replace those switches and what they cost?
NomadicDR650

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #4 
They'll warrantee it... don't mention multiple fuses, just tell'em what you found and that you temporarily fixed it but the damage was done... bet they take care of it no prob...

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDR650
They'll warrantee it... don't mention multiple fuses, just tell'em what you found and that you temporarily fixed it but the damage was done... bet they take care of it no prob...

I agree with NomadicDR650.

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
jeknow

Reply with quote  #6 
Yeah I'm loading it on the hauler tomorrow don't want to ride it good way to get run over around here. I hate dealing with electrical so I'll let the Guys at Sky do it. Hope it won't take long I hate being without it.
jeknow

Reply with quote  #7 
Turns out I was right about the brake light switches. Took it to Sky today and they said first time they ever saw that. It looks like the switch for the back brake shorted first that's when I replaced the fuse, then when I used the front brake it caused that switch to short out too. Sometimes I hate being right, but I'm glad we found it and it's all under warranty.
jeknow

Reply with quote  #8 
Yaaa!! got my bike back today new brake light switches and no more blown fuses... I hope
jeknow

Reply with quote  #9 
Well got half way home from the hare scramble and the fuse blew again this time had to call the wife to bring the truck and motohauler. Blew fuse's fast as I put'em in. Took it back to Sky and they promised to track it down... heard that before. I knew something had to short out those switches a switch just doesn't go like that especially both of'em. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!