AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
keithusa

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello DS Enthusiasts.
  I ride an XR650L and constantly look for new adventures, i.e., dirt roads, trails, etc. You know the feeling. I have searched Google Earth and plotted routes (central Fla) that take in a lot of off-road adventures and would like to add my info into a data base, if it is not already listed. I would imagine that DDS has a list of roads that would take us around Florida. Is is available?  I'm currently trying to plot a route from Orlando to Bradenton getting as much dirt time as possible. Helps keep the knobbies in shape. Does anyone have maps or know how to locate a map with unimproved and/or dirt roads? If so that would fantastic. I can also be reached at xr650mx@gmail.com .  Thx for any help.
Keith

Duggie_Dog

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Keith,
I would be very interested if you find anything like this. I also ride an XR650L in the West Palm Beach area but travel around to ride. A good "clearing house" for DS trails, roll charts & GPS routes in Florida would be awesome. Let me know if you have found anything. ldugan@wpbcpa.com Thanks, Larry
DRIVER

Reply with quote  #3 
In the past local county maps were good for the route less traveled but that was a few years back and who knows what exists these days.  Budget cuts ... age of gps ... blah blah ...

Mike
jeknow

Anyone Seen TurnSignalTom?
Reply with quote  #4 
That's a great idea Mike. I have a buddy that does right a way work for Polk I'm gonna give him a call.

Jerry

Bonzer78

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #5 
Hey guys, any luck on this? I'd definitely be interested. I'm trying to plan a route around lakeland for this winter. Thanks.
keithusa

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #6 
Still plotting my own routes around the central Florida area. A good map is hard to find. Can't believe all the gates on the dirt roads. We're hitting the trails later this month on probably a 200 mi loop either west or south of Orlando. Hopefully we'll be able to join the Devils Creek crowd.
ADVmonster

Hey! You're Blinker's On!
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithusa
Still plotting my own routes around the central Florida area. A good map is hard to find. Can't believe all the gates on the dirt roads. We're hitting the trails later this month on probably a 200 mi loop either west or south of Orlando. Hopefully we'll be able to join the Devils Creek crowd.

I can show you guys around South central Polk county. Lots of dirt/sand/clay roads in the area.

Check out the DDS routes/tracks/roads forum for some good tips.
captjbravo

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #8 
Hey guys Im new to the forum and also ride an xr650l, I live in Oviedo. My email is bravo.jorgejr@gmail.com 

Whoo Hoo!
My First Post!
Reply with quote  #9 
I was talking to a man in a store the other day while looking at maps- he said 
Florida Atlas & Gazetteer (by DeLorme) shows dirt roads? I was just looking them up online. Doesn't appear that Walmart carries them, but Books-a-Million & Barnes & Noble do. Also multiple places online, but if you want it in your hand today, (or want to look at it prior to buying) check those 2 stores
keithusa

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #10 
I have routes that I have plotted in the central florida area using gps on google maps. If you are interested contact me at xr650mx@gmail.com and I will forward them to you. Also completed a 7 day ride in colorado (COBDR) have those routes also as well as the Tail of the Dragon. We're preping for a 3 day ride from Orlando to Key West (south fla) and could use any tips on off road routes. Thx!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!