Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 8     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next
swampy

Reply with quote  #76 
Anyone have any adventure ride pics out there, somebody musta taken some... the winery, Sugarloaf Mountain, the forest, cemetary rd....

190 miles and no one took a pic... even of Nick's Super Tenere?

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #77 

Where was your camera Put Put?????

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
geohound

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #78 
I took some pictures, but...
A.  I've never tried to upload pictures on here yet, and
B.  I bought a new camera for Devils creek and haven't installed the new software or figured out how to download the new camera yet.
Maybe I'll do that this weekend.  But it will be at a put-put pace!!

Put Put

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousDad47

Where was your camera Put Put?????

2009 XT250 "XTacyIV"
LaurenOE

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #79 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geohound
I took some pictures, but...
A.  I've never tried to upload pictures on here yet, and
B.  I bought a new camera for Devils creek and haven't installed the new software or figured out how to download the new camera yet.
Maybe I'll do that this weekend.  But it will be at a put-put pace!!

Put Put

Sorry Samantha I'm slacking!

I didn't ride the new KLX250s because It's not broken in and the ride was an "Adventure Ride". Since the little KLX wasn't even a week old, I couldn't wring it out to keep up on the road. Next time! This was a DR650se day.

Pictures and a Movie!

Samantha and Bill reseting the roll chart distance.

Some Bike at lunch

Bill.

More bikes at lunch.

KTM was there for demo rides.

Samantha goofing

Bill having issues with his roll chart.

A bunch of us laughing at the roll chart situation and taking a break.

Me and Bill

Bill

There are hills in Florida!

Some of the dirty Dual Sport Rider's bikes.

Bill

More Bikes at Lunch. It was catered too!

Bikes again!

What?!? More Bikes?

Bill with a wave.

Last shot of bikes...I promise!

And now for a little Movie of our lunch break!
http://www.cyclepathic.com/images/DDS_Jan2008_Lunch.wmv
 ;-)

Kawasaki ZX10R
Yamaha Zuma 125
BentAero

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #80 
1. Anyone know who was riding the Gas Gas 450? He had a helmet cam w/ what should be some good video.

2. Anyone know "Greg" -rode a 450 KTM, ran out of gas saturday real early, I think he is a FL resident. What happened to him?

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #81 

What was the name of the video at the begining of the bullshootin? Anybody know,it was cool,little bit of everything. Did the bullshoot tshirt ever make an appearance? It was nice to learn my KTM doubles as a submarine...up periscope!  Oh yea,Miss Linda .... Does this lady have an agent? She could put Sonny's outta business....

Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
What was the name of the video at the beginning of the bullshootin? Anybody know,it was cool,little bit of everything. Did the bullshoot tshirt ever make an appearance?

Would anyone be interested in a Bullshoot 2008 Tee Shirt? I could be persuaded to make one up if the interest was there. Maybe a special commemorative edition for being there at the very first event? Let me think of some designs.

The Video at the start of the BullShoot was made by Fox and the name is
Greatest Hits Volume one

Fox Racing Presents Greatest Hits, Vol. 1

http://www.amazon.com/Racing-Presents-Greatest-Hits-Vol/dp/B00005PJ7W

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
yzfcathy

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #83 

Devil’s Creek ’08. I saw the swamp monster.

I live in TX, at least for the time being. I’ll be moving to S FL soon enough, but this was my first swamp ride. Thanks to Chris and Jeff, who were my tour guides and ride providers for the weekend, I got a preview of the riding in store when I do move.

Chris and Jeff picked me up at the Orlando airport on their way to the swamp. See all the bikes back there? I count 3……………….for now.

Chris is already smiling and I’m not even in the truck yet. I wonder if Chris and Jeff know something I don’t? I wonder if they’re silently snickering because they know about this “slightly wet” ride ahead.

I have a secret weapon up my sleeve though…………I’m from Seattle. I don’t know swamps, but I have seen my share of mud.

We arrive at the riding area early Friday afternoon, in time for a little preview.

Chris leads the way into the little pond. This doesn’t look too deep.

We stop to watch Chris empty water from his boot.

Then we take off again. I wonder why he dumped out the water ‘cause it looks like the boots might fill up again.

I think Jeff’s boots are going to fill up in a second.

Yep, so much for dry socks.

This was on Friday so we hadn’t gotten the “No Wake Zone” briefing from Swampy yet.

We got all our gear dried out Friday night. At least we could begin this day dry. I bet that won’t last long. 

Saturday was chilly. I thought FL was a warm and sunny place all year ‘round, apparently not. I was shivering and we hadn’t even left the staging area. Whaaahh!

I’m getting soft in my ahh ”maturing” years.

An early crossing Saturday.

Brave souls.

We were making pretty good time Sat. We were able to skip the bypass and keep on the regular routé to lunch. This is when it all turned terribly soggy.

The swamp monster crawled out of the lake we were crossing (looked like a lake to me) and swallowed that poor DR and tossed it out in the middle of the lake. That pretty much filled the airbox full of swamp monster spit. I took pics while the boys worked away on the bike.

There are some unsung hero's here helping also. Sideshow Bob, Glenn, and Tony all pitched in whenever any of us got stuck. Thanks y'all.

We came across some more riders trying to get to lunch before the 2pm cutoff. They ran into a swamp monster too.

We had one last tangle with a lake crossing and a bike that was showing princess tendencies and protesting about all the abuse. The boys know how to get those bikes running again and soon we pulled into the lunch point.

We arrived a few minutes late. Ok, maybe a few more than a few minutes, but thankfully Linda and her crew were still serving up these awesome vittles and gladly welcomed us in for a late, delicious lunch. Linda even made me some hot cocoa. That hit the spot. My chattering teeth might have tipped her off to my core temp needing a jumpstart on reheating.

You’ve all heard about the awesome lunch. It sure hit the spot. Thanks Mrs. Swampy for setting up such a great feast.

The after lunch ride was much easier, just like Swampy said.it would be, in the morning riders meeting. Maybe it was easier because we cheated a little. I was cold and tired (it’s a girl thing) and we took a little shortcut back. By the time we arrived Jeff decided he ought to give his DR a rest so he took that nice ’07 off Mike’s hands. How nice of Jeff to do that.

Sideshow Bob, Glenn and Tony were feeling way more ambitious and continued on the rest of the route after lunch. I think they got back to camp at 830 pm. Good thing I didnl't follow them boys, I'm a skered of the dark, especially in the swamp.

Saturday was a complete blast. Thanks Chris and Jeff for inviting me along. Chris I owe you big for letting me ride your bike in such conditions and putting it through all that mud.

We head off for food and to dry out for the night.

To be continued……………….

ftr818

...and now for something
completely different...
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
Quote:
What was the name of the video at the beginning of the bullshootin? Anybody know,it was cool,little bit of everything. Did the bullshoot tshirt ever make an appearance?

Would anyone be interested in a Bullshoot 2008 Tee Shirt? I could be persuaded to make one up if the interest was there. Maybe a special commemorative edition for being there at the very first event? Let me think of some designs.

The Video at the start of the BullShoot was made by Fox and the name is
Greatest Hits Volume one

Fox Racing Presents Greatest Hits, Vol. 1

http://www.amazon.com/Racing-Presents-Greatest-Hits-Vol/dp/B00005PJ7W

THANK YOU SIR, I SHALL ADD TO MY COLLECTION....

DDS Rocks!
Reply with quote  #85 

Sunday at the swamp

We got to start off dry again. I even got my pants fairly clean in the hotel tub (Yep we roughed it).

Here’s the new lineup with that KTM leading the way. I wonder how we’ll get 4 bikes on a 3 rail!

Here’s Jeff on the KTM, See those orange goggles? Apparently he’s been carrying them in his gear bag for a long time, waiting for the day he would go Crème Sickle.

*note all the pics previous he wasn’t wearing any orange.

I smell a rat and I bet his DR got a glimpse of those goggles and knew she would soon be discarded like an old shoe.

Some more orange crush coming thru the goo!

Chris got a little water in his boots on this one.

Chris breaking trail.

Chris and Jeff admiring their work. Funny how you can take a line that is a few inches different from they guy you’re following, and you find a hole. Chris had just come through this same spot without getting stuck. Well almost the same spot.

Peek a Boo

Poor Jeff, got his new scooter all muddy. I’m not much help with a camera in my hand am I?

My turn, remember stay left, stay left.

We made it, to the end of the trail. I thought we had a few more lakes to tame, but it was over, too soon in my opinion. I was just getting this mud bog stuff figured out.

We took a quick vote and opted for another loop of this last section. Perfect!

We rode back to camp and got cleaned up and got the bikes loaded. I should have taken a pic of that too. We started out with 3 bikes and returned with 4. They and the 3 of us all fit into that little GMC somehow.

Monday morning was clean up day. Not too bad with all of us pitching in. The bikes were like brand new (except for the brake pads of course) in no time.

Great ride, great times. Thanks DDS.

cycleman

What The Heck Was THAT?
Reply with quote  #86 
A few pictures from Devils Creek:  Red Neck Toy Hauler

cycleman

What The Heck Was THAT?
Reply with quote  #87 
This is Irv,Pat & Okie doing CPR on a Honda

MiamiMike

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #88 
My ride report
Wet ,,wetter ,,wettest
Picked up some folks on sat,,
took pics on Sunday
there are many dont know who U are
but if you need a copy PM with your photo number

Dont know this guys

I know this guy

I dont know who was filming who

Dont know this GUY

I had a blast ,,,it was a challenge ,,,but it was fun

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #89 
Hey Mike,

You need the bike to go with those pants.

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
MiamiMike

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #90 
Ive decided too run that DRZ to the end
I have 2 engines left,,,so I may have another
30K to 40K miles left,,,under these conditions
and numerous swamp crossings ,,,I should be looking for
a new bike by the end of this year

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!