**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
Bill

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #1 

My name is Bill and I’ve been in Temple Terrace since 1987. I currently ride the motorcycles listed in my signature, plus I have a 1974 Harley Baja SR-100 that’s in restoration…about 75% complete.

This Song ‘o South looks like a fun game. I like to take pictures so I’ll jump in…a little late, but it’s been a busy summer so far (motorcycling-wise) and it’s not going to slow down for awhile. I’m about to take off on road trip that will be mostly out of the true South, but I’m sure I’ll always be south of somewhere so I’ll take my flag and keep my eyes peeled for points opportunities.

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome aboard Bill. It's a great contest.  Goodluck!
TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
Bill

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #3 

In response to the June Challenge:

This is the Sulphur Springs Water Tower, but according to Maritime Lore it once served as a Lighthouse to guide European ocean frigates from Tampa Bay up the Hillsborough River.

…well, that's what whoever wrote the Wikipedia description said anyway. 

Reply with quote  #4 

Cool ... that's what I like best about the contest, there's interesting history all around us that we might not notice without it being pointed out.

Mike

Bill

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #5 
This is the Angel of Hope Memorial in Riverside Park here in Temple Terrace. There are a couple around the country I understand. Essentially, they're memorials to children who died untimely. The memorial develops as bricks are engraved for each child and placed in the ground around the monument. 

I understand there's a monument to Billy Graham around town here someplace. I'll try and find that next. Shouldn't be too hard, it's a really small town.

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #6 

As I mentioned in the introductory post, I’m bound to be South of Somewhere.

Say hello to Sam…

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #7 

That was Samuel Clemens. Here he is reading to Tom and Huck.

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #8 

Lighthouses? This month’s bonus! Well look, there’s one right here in Hannibal…way up on a hill looking out on the Mississippi.

Bill to Lady on the Street, “How do you get up to that lighthouse up on the hill?

Lady, “Take those steps right there. The one’s next to the big and clearly visible sign with the arrow pointing to the lighthouse.”

…dang, more steps! Huff, puff, puff…there were three enormously long sets of stairs and it was like 95 degrees out.

Hmmmmm, there’s a road and parking up here. Glad I walked all those dang steps…not! That lady must have thought I needed the exercise.

…and there’s yet more steps!!!

I should get extra points for this one.   Lighthouse story.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!