Upcoming Events

25th Devil's Creek 2021: March 5, 6 & 7 2021

**RESCHEDULED**
AMA/Honda Cross-Florida National Adventure Ride
New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
mr_guns

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknow
I went with the Rockgarden Flak jacket.

Great choice I've been using the Rockgarden for a few years and love it!

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #17 
You are welcome on the advice.

Now when I can I expect by "advice" check? 

Check is in the mail, Wing!

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #18 
I happen to use a compression suit made by SixOneSix.
I'm not pushing one brand over the other, but I will give my experience.
While in Utah two years ago, I rode with my first gear jacket which had lots of protection, but got hot as the temps climbed throuout the day. I had to take the jacket off as the ride progressed leaving me without protection.
One of my first purchases when I returned was my compression suit and an enduro style jacket that could be worn over the suit. I also made sure that one of the features I looked for in the jacket was the ability to take it off and turn fold itself up into a storage pack that could be worn like a fanny pack and still be protected by the compression suit.
I have really enjoyed this flexability during rides.
My .02
Bert

Here are a couple options.. I like mine becasue it is white and made of a net like mesh material that still allows lots of air while riding. Mine also has a zip off back protector that I remove when I plan on using a backpack.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/off+road/motocross+body+armor/evs_g5+lite+ballistic+jersey
G5 Lite Ballistic Jersey

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Moto.aspx?id=9b32eae8-83bd-4e25-9851-9e3f6ec71075&product=dc4ce1cb-8213-478d-989d-1c5c032d6ad5

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
jeknow

Anyone Seen TurnSignalTom?
Reply with quote  #19 
Thanks for the advice I had the same thought concerning changing temps while riding. So I picked the Rockgn Flak Jacket and I have a Fly Racing Patrol Enduro Jacket that has a removeable sleeves and folds up in its on storage pocket.Flak JacketFly Racing Patrol Jacket
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
I have a Fly Racing Patrol Enduro Jacket

I too went with the Fly Patrol jacket. I really like it, but I do with they had made the collar a little bigger for us fat necks. When you cinch it up for cooler rides it can be a little tight.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
jeknow

Reply with quote  #21 
Yes for the money Fly really makes some nice jackets I also have one of the  8th street mesh jackets that's pretty good for wearing when I'm just running around town. 
jeknow

Reply with quote  #22 
Well thought I'd put a review of my new Rockgrdn armor up so here goes. Went on a nice ride this weekend an old DDS trek through central Florida and the armor was all I'd wanted. It was cool and light and has a lot of different ways you can wear it. I rode it with out the chest protector on just so it would be cooler but looking back I probably could have left it on it never got that hot. I wore it under my jersey and it fit comfortably, the thumb loops on the sleeves are really a nice touch they help keep everything from shifting. So all in all great armor and a lot cooler than a jacket even the so called summer mesh jackets.    
jonemiles

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #23 
How compact can you make the jacket? Fanny pack or large fanny pack?

My street jackets / leathers are too thick and will barely fit in saddlebags so I need a compact jacket now that I have armor to wear under it.

I almost have enough gear... Ya, right!

My new pants, helmet arrived and I hear don't you already have several pants? Yes dear... Didn't you already buy a new dirt helmet 6 mo. ago ? Yes, but this one is special. It looks pretty... Thanks but that's not what makes it special, see this flip up shield that moves up under visor so I can wear goggles or use face shield. YA! so is 5 helmets enough or do they sell more special helmets...

No, this is it. With a big smile.

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

02 KTM 520 EXC dirt 05 KTM 525 EXC supermoto or dirt 07 SV650 ST transformer
jeknow

Reply with quote  #24 
Hey Jon, yeah or this thing I've had this... If your talking about the Fly Patrol jacket it folds up into a built in pouch in the back of the jacket. It will certainly fit in your saddlebags. I'd say about the size of a note book. It has no armor so it would work well with your Titan armor. Oh and the sleeves are removable so you can wear it like a vest. 
jonemiles

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #25 
I'll have to order one if you and bert like them.

Thanks
Jon

Lakeland, FL / Dunn, NC

02 KTM 520 EXC dirt 05 KTM 525 EXC supermoto or dirt 07 SV650 ST transformer
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!