New Date: November 7 & 8, 2020

Forest Clean-Up Seoptember 2020

Author   Comment  
kford

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #1 
Howdy AMA Members, I need your help! 

I am a candidate for the AMA Board of Directors representing the Southeast region.  I am a life-long dirt rider!  I have served as the President of the Sunrunners M/C and Florida Trail Riders.  During my time I have helped put on many off road events.  Currently I am the Executive Director (national President) of the Concours Owners Group, an organization devoted to sport touring, and now have helped put on several National Rallies.

Because of this involvement with club activities I know what it takes to keep an organization going.  I also have an off roaders perspective.

My goal for AMA is to get it more involved with local and state organizations.  AMA has it's Regional clubs and does a great job supporting them.  They also are deeply involved at the National level, but Charter Clubs don't get a great deal of attention.  I'd like to see them more involved in local issues like land use, attending events such as annual meetings, providing assistance to event organizers etc.

The election announcement will be in the next AMA Magazine due out this week.  You can view the qualifications of both candidates and make a decision on who to support.  I need the support of the off road community, because my opponent will get support from the cruiser community.

Of course the election is only open to AMA members.  The magazine will detail how to vote which is an on-line procedure.  The balloting is open from 12/15 thru 1/15.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken Ford
JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #2 
Ken,
You have my vote.
I hope you get the support you deserve, good luck.
John

KTM 300XC, KTM 1190R, 1988 KTM 350, Sherco 3.0 Trials, 79 Husky 390WR, Honda XR650R, Honda Grom, Apollo Pitbike,   Tony Shifter Kart .TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
Scope

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #3 
Ken,

You got mine,  thanks for your time & effort.

wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #4 
Update:

Ken Ford of Bartow, FL to AMA Board of Directors

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to announce that Ken Ford, a 27-year AMA member from Bartow, Fla., has been elected the member representative on the AMA Board of Directors from the Southeast region. Ford fills the seat previously held by Charles Goman.

"The AMA Board of Directors thanks Charles Goman for his years of service to the AMA," said AMA Board of Directors Chairman Stan Simpson. "We are looking forward to Ken's contributions in the years to come. The members of the Southeast Region will be well represented by Ken's range of experience and years of passion."

Ford, a senior executive at a Fortune 50 company for 17 years, is an active off-road, dual-sport, adventure and sport-touring rider. He is a 32-year member of the Florida Trail Riders and former president of the AMA-chartered club. He is also a member of Sunrunners M/C, Dixie Dual Sport and the Concours Owners Group, where he is the current executive director. An environmental engineer by education, Ford has been riding for more than 50 years.

"I'm excited about the opportunity to help the AMA move forward," Ford said. "As a longtime motorcyclist and a member of several motorcycling organizations, I hope I have something to give to the organization."

Ford, whose riding background is rooted in trail riding, dual-sport riding and off-road racing, said that he is particularly concerned with the loss of access to public land.

"Responsible off-road riders have a right to access public land," Ford said. "The lobbying effort of the AMA is key to protecting our future as motorcyclists, and one that I can help with. My professional experience includes working with governmental bodies with regard to environmental regulations, and I hope to bring some of that experience to the AMA Board."

Ford currently rides a Kawasaki KLR650, a Suzuki DRZ400 a Triumph Tiger 800XC and a Kawasaki Concours. Ken's wife, Marcia, rides a Kawasaki Versys.

Ford's term on the AMA Board of Directors expires in February 2015.

Way to Go Ken!

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #5 

Congrats Ken!!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

kford

Is MiamiMike Really
From Vancouver?
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks everyone for your help and support.  I will try to keep y'all up to date on items that affect SE Dual Sporters.

I attended my first Board meeting in Indy last week - they put me to work right away.  I've been asked to help get a National Dual Sport ride in the SE on the calendar.  Go here if you're interested in the 2012 schedule: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Dirt/EventsAndSeries/NationalDualSport/NationalDualSportSchedule.aspx
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #7 
Looks like there is room in the schedule for a Devils Creek event.
I know the Cheaha Al. event was on it in the past
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
kawazukimaha

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #8 
Congratulations, Ken! You were the best candidate for the position hands down.

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!