Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ThumpRider

They're Always After
Me Lucky Charms!
Reply with quote  #1 
Well, it's been a week since I grad'tiated from the Dirt Wise school and was looking forward to gettin' out to practice what I lern'd.  My G650 has seen nothing but highway and a few fire roads and so I it was time.

Bought a new pair of shoes (Kenda Big Blocks), put the Anakees away, gave her her last bath, a few words of encouragement and off we went.

Did about 30 miles through the State Forest, down by the water around the cypress stumps. Found some nice trails, got lost a few times and realized just how hard it is to turn a 650 around 360 when there is no where to go but back.

I must say other than the fact that her rider dropped her in some soft sand, I was very happy with her performance. 

She got her share of scrapes from some tree branches I got a little too close too.  She's no longer a dirt virgin and has the scars to prove it.

I had the new Contour mounted on the helmet and thought I had taken some great video. Don't know what happened. No video.

Did about 190 miles total today. Great Day in the outdoors, perfect weather.

Ready for the Devil's Creek Run. Need to bend the shifter lever back in place   take the rubber things off the pegs, add some barkbusters and fairing guard.  
swampy

Reply with quote  #2 
Go Larry!

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #3 
Swampy: come on, you have to be a little more forthcoming with Larry.

Don't hide from him the facts of life.
He is man enough to take the unvarnished truth.

Larry: you are not really ready for Devil's Creek until you are proficient in swimming.

A hint: this is what I did yesterday, in preparation for Devils Creek etc.

Larry, if the images above don't make sense to you, you may want to go riding with Swampy a bit (the name alone should tell ya).

Over and out now.

foster home for "Torpedo" KTM 505
swampy

Reply with quote  #4 
It ain't THAT deep.....

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #5 

Where have I heard that before???

foster home for "Torpedo" KTM 505
swampy

Reply with quote  #6 
What???     What ???     

Swampy said it's okay.
How deep can it really be?
Reply with quote  #7 

I once had some guy tell me that while the recent rains had created some mud puddles in the Creek, it wasn't hardly up to the engine cases.  4 hours and 30 miles later I started to realize it might be a tad more than that!

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!