A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #1 
Rich - Hope you don't mind I copied your post to add here....

Today at 09:25 AM
Reply #2

We raced!

How was it ...just like I predicted....

We had 7 bikes in our class. Everyone there at the Vintage event knew we were all new. So they we really expecting more of a spectator sport. On the front I think we were a little disappointing ...except for some 

The comment was, they could not tell we were new as everyone raced into the first turn..and then it was obviously different as all the break lights came on going into the first turn...

Here is how the first race went down. We are the 9th start. We get into staging ..all the bikes racing before us took off. Then it was our turn to get into the gates. Carolyns KTM starts acting up and won't start. Steve gets off his DRZ and jumps on and sends Carolyn running back to the car for tools..She had our first crash running back to the car. We decided that shouldn't count for points as she was not on her bike.

The rest of us get into starting position while Steve works on the bike. He gets it going and now they are on the line just in time for our start. They had a red, yellow and green starting light and then when they let the rubber band in front of us drop..we go. Engines reving...  I get mine spinning up too the green light comes on... the band goes.....nothing happens. Everyone takes off before I even realize my bike is dead. Conked out. Oh well that's racing. I got my bike started and speed off in pursuit. I make it back to the group who all slowed going into the first turn. Now..my plan was to ride the first 4 laps and then race the last one with the objective of finishing. I managed to catch Carolyn and stay with her for a while and then chose a spot to pass..Now I was closing in on "Mad Max" racing an 1100 BMW converted dirt bike from hell... I say that affectionately as his bike was the crowd favorite. I stay behind him pacing until...yep the white flag comes out and it last lap to finish.. I hit the throttle now... I guess I did not really describe the course yet. There are jumps and double jumps every where...hitting the throttle is not a wise decision...Into the double jumps I roar...Over the first, I get good air..but oh no...I am aiming straight down onto my front wheel, I poggo stick back onto my back wheel..since I am still on the gas hanging on for dear life, I now proceed to do a wheelie into the second jump..needless to say I land in a big heap..There goes Mad Max...and there goes Carolyn..The finish was 1st (poacher) 2nd was Steve thrid was Mr Guns, fourth was Nick, fifth was Kye (Mad Max) and sixth was Carolyn. Yes I was fighting it out for last until I fell down..just like I said.

The second race went off better for me....we all had a great time..as to the results..Poacher- 1st, Mr Guns-2nd, Mad Max -3rd and Nick- 4th those were all trophys. Great job.. Honorable meantion was Steve who was very fast and gave poacher a run for his money until Steve lost it on one of the double jumps. He had paced poacher in the air on the double jump before having to land.. At that point I even passed Steve.. that however did not last long. Next time I saw Steve we were climbing a big hill on the backside and Steve goes by me doing a wheelie all the way up the hill.

The day was a great success as everyone was really jazzed up. The guy who won, Poacher.. was a nice guy who raced in three of the other classes. He showed up to the line with a KTM 200. It had a light on the front so I guess he called it a dual sport. Our group kind of thought of him as the pace setter to give us an idea of how fast we should be going. He had obviously done this racing stuff a lot. No biggie as we all had a blast.

I expect pictures and all will be going up soon so check back in...

See you at the next race...Oh, I almost forgot..this excuse to ride really works...

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #2 
Here is Kai's post.

Today at 05:40 PM Reply #1

That was more fun than I thought.Every body was there kids,dogs,grandmas,kangaroo,monkey(not kidding} pictures will follow.
There is already a video from Sunday on you tube.
Even the PEEWEE's make as look slow,but so much fun.
The beemer is so quiet you can here the suspension bottom out.
We start at 6.20'

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, what can I say?  That was a blast!!!!!    Thanks guys for coming. 

Well, we had the first ever Dual Sport racing class and it was quite a success!!    We had 7 racers and the crowd was thrilled and very curious about our abilities.  We had 5 DDS'ers, Steve's brother and the poacher/cherry picker.  Cherry picker was on a KTM that didn't even have a brake light, so we don't think he was a bonefide Dual Sporter.   

We got to do 3 laps for practice and we all agreed it was the most nerve racking and arm pumping because we were all so nervous and not sure what the heck we were really doing.

We started our moto #9, which was kinda of nice that we weren't #1, so we got to watch a little of how things go.  We lined up for our moto and the crowd was very amused that our bikes had headlights and tail lights and they seemed to baffle everyone, especially at the first turn when all they saw was brake lights.    We lined up and my bike stalled, so Steve sent me running for the tool kit to change a plug and I'm in full gear!    I run and have a crash before I even ride my bike.  Boots aren't good for running.    I'm sure the crowd was roaring at my stupidity and hoping I could ride better than I can run in full gear.  By the time I got back out of breathe, heart pounding, sore hands from my fall, Steve had my bike lined up and ready to go.    Sometimes it's nice to be a girl!  We had a good first moto and I was trying to catch Rich and to my luck he crashed trying to catch the guy in front of him.    I at least beat somebody in the first moto.     Boy was it fun!

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #4 
Second moto. 

We all got a good start.    The crowd was amazed at how well us beginner racers could actually start.    Steve went after Poacher/Cherry Picker as he got 2nd place in the first moto behind him.  He knew if he could win the 2nd moto, he'd get first over all.  Everything worked out for him in front of the grand stands for a few brief moments when he passed poacher/cherry picker just to crash over a double jump.    The crowd was roaring, probably because of the spectacular wreck.    Steve was floundering on the ground and we all passed him, which was weird especially for me!  After they made sure he was OK and didn't need the medic, he decided he could race some more if they could pick up his bike.  He told them he could at least pass his wife.  Hey wait, that's me!!!      He did pass me and finished the race, but there went his trophy.    Poacher/Cherry Picker wins again! 

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #5 

Here are our Dual Sport bikes at the Dual Sport pit.

Here is our team.  My KTM, Nick, Rich, Steve, Mike & Kai.

Waiting for a moto.

Here are our well deserved first in Florida History Dual Sport MX trophy winners 2nd. thru 4th.    Way to go Dual Sporters!!!!!! 

Kai on his B'mer should have gotten a separate trophy for the most looked at bike at the track.  Everyone was so curious about his creation and impressed by the way it actually handled on the track.  People were asking "where's that guy on the B'mer"??? 

I was so impressed at how FLVMX welcomed us with open arms and really made us feel like part of their family.  They are a great group of guys and Woody went out of his way to make sure we felt welcomed.  It's a great family oriented club and the group ranges from about 4 to 75 years old.  There is a group for anyone that can ride.

swampy

Reply with quote  #6 
What a sorry bunch of blokes!

Glad ya had a blast.... and I may take ya'll up on it. I belonged to the FLVMX about 5 years ago...and still belong to AHRMA and VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club)....

I've heard chicks dig racers like these....

I may just have to try this....

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
What a sorry bunch of blokes!

Glad ya had a blast.... and I may take ya'll up on it. I belonged to the FLVMX about 5 years ago...and still belong to AHRMA and VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club)....

I've heard chicks dig racers like these....

I may just have to try this....

You should join us, it's really fun!  Most guys are kicking each other over for the win, but our group is like a little family.  We all help each other and offer pointers, after all we gotta REPRESENT, so we gotta stick together and try not to embarrass ourselves to much!        I think this is going to be quite a success.

gummikuh

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #8 

Yeeaa what she sad.
How do you know its a family affair??
When they bring the Kangaro.

And the Monkey

Here are some of my pictures from the weekend.
Getting ready

Carolyn trying to get us in line

Nothing lost or broke,except the shocks got very tired.

I have to see how DC goes before I can come to the next race.

Just How Old IS Dirt, Exactly?
Reply with quote  #9 

Soooooo how many of you DS'ers have a trophy on your shelf. Way to go guys and gal. Does Kai look a little like Bud Edkins? He is definetly an intersting guy to hang around. I'm glad we got to meet.

Yaller Foot Pegs $#8.95 plus shippin ( Damn gas )
Snap Off Foot Peg Company
But wait....
Due to the current economy shippin has gone up

Tiger Tom
Turn Signal Tom
Pops

05 KLR 650 (a future in farkling)
01 KTM 520 Tagged
77 CanAm 250 Qualifier
73 Penton 125 Six Day ( Restored )
95 Triumph Tiger( First DDS Tiger )

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough.( Damn, I gotta start workin out )

If it looks deep...it's deeper. Yep, ask Johnny Africa.

The best way out of most situations is more gas.
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #10 
And so it goes. Another DDS adventure is in the books.
Way to go.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
mr_guns

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #11 
This was a blast.  I hope to do it again...
Steve you got robbbed you can smoke on that bike......

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #12 

I think he did, not sure how they count the points for both races?

Reply with quote  #13 
Bert, I think I found out where to check MX off my list....

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #14 
Here's the whole schedule and more info.

2008-09 FLORIDA CHAMPIONSHIP VINTAGE/EVOLUTION MX SERIES

1. October 19th -  Hard Rock Cycle Park – Outback Track - Ocala, FL
  2. November 9th  –Sunshine MX - St Pete, FL
  3. November  23rd  -  Lake City MX - Lake City, FL
  4. December 14th  -  Sunshine MX – St Pete, FL
  5. January 11th  -  Lake City MX - Lake City, FL
  6. January 25th -  Hard Rock Cycle Park – National Track - Ocala, FL
  7. February 8th  -  Lake City MX - Lake City, FL
  8. March 2nd -3rd - 1st Annual US Vintage MX GP - Lake City MX - Lake City, FL
    (non points event)
  9. March 15th   -   Sunshine MX - St Pete, FL
  10. April 18th  -  Sunshine MX - St Pete, FL (Saturday Night)
  11. May 10th -  AMPXtreme MX - Madison, FL
  12. May 24th - Hard Rock Cycle Park - Outback Track - Ocala, FL
  13. June 7th - Hard Rock Cycle Park - Ocala, FL

Alternate Dates - June 21st

ATD Cross Country Series

THe ATD Cross Country Series will be on Saturday Afternoons. Most will be at Hardrock Cycle Park  and have a "A" and "B" course. The "A"
course will be for Experts and riders that like to be challenged. (a
regular style CC) The "B" course will be for riders that just want to have fun, not get in anyones way and feel comfortable with out the pressure of lapping riders.

We will be real open with this series as it is a "test" pilot series. We will have rules, we will score all events and tally points and have end of year awards. There will be 6 rounds total. All count for end of year. Standard event will be 1 hour + 2 laps. We do not want or expect you to go and buy a new bike, but be able to use you MX bike. Our hope is to give you more riding time per weekend for the cost in travel.

Click on the track name to get directions.

Race Day Schedule

Riders Meeting - 9-9:15am
Practice - 9:15-9:45am
First Moto - 10am

For more information contact

Florida Vintage Motocross
761 E Osceola Rd
Geneva Fl 32732
Office Hours M-Sat 8-5, Sunday 8-12.
Office 407.242.7147
(Office phone is available 24/7 ON race Weekends)
Woody Cell 407.416.2021
Fax 407.349.2732

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #15 
There was a photographer out at the track for our race and he did a fantastic job!    Check out the photos and you'll see the track and the race.  I'm #12, Kai is #11, Steve is #5 and the other guys haven't been posted yet.  See how Steve passes the poacher/cherry picker before the crash. This guy is the leader in points for the EVO 1 A class and decided to pick on us newbies.  These were from the 2nd moto and I'm hoping the 1st moto will be posted soon.  The photographer really caught it! 

http://msmithphotography2009.com

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!