A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #1 
Wow, you guys missed out!  We had a blast again racing.  There were 170+ racers all in one location and it was phenomenal!! 

We were really busy having fun meeting people and pumping up DDS, so I didn't get many photos.  I'm hoping the photographer got some, and if so I'll post them later.

This track was very different from Hardrock.  This track was very soft and sandy, with very little traction around turns!    The first turn after the start was a 180 degrees and blind as a 7' berm was hiding it.  Amazingly our class is one of the very few classes out of over 25 that didn't have a pile up in the first turn! 

Steve was not gonna ride due to a broken rib and cracked collar bone.  He decided to ride because Rich was running a little late and we wanted to make sure we had enough people to have our own class again.  After sign up we should have never have doubted our Mr. Reliable Rich, because he showed up just in the nick of time.  We not only had our 5 people, but we also had 3 others and that made things very interesting. 

Steve was dueling it out with poacher, his son and a newbie for the lead, Kai and Nick were at it and then there was Rich and myself fighting for not coming in last!    What a fun event!!!  Steve ended up in 3rd over all behind poacher and Rich and I shared the last place position one to one.  It's really a great feeling knowing you've got family out there and when I went down in the second moto Rich was yelling YOU OK?????  It's amazing how good that makes you feel.  Yes, I was fine, I jumped over my bike as it fell in the sand and was shocked when it started again, by then I couldn't catch Rich, so he got me on that one.  Way to go Rich!!!!    Rich must be practicing after work, he's getting better and better.

Here are the few photos I took.

Riders Meeting.

The Gummi mobile hangout in between motos! 

Kai celebrating making it through the day in one piece.

Hopefully more to come!

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #2 
Some of the photos from this race got posted on the last race, but that's OK.

Here's Rich catching air!

I'm behind Rich working really hard to pass him! 

Nick on my SUMO catching air!

They're starting them young out there! 

Woody's daughter Savanah, my future competition and the only other adult female racer.    What's up with that?    

This is me landing off the 2nd double jump after I caught 30 feet of air!  NOT!

That's all for today, more to come soon!

cs400

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #3 
We just got our CD of photo's from the photographer.   Mark Smith does a fantastic job!!

Here are a few of the starts.

Here's an air shot of Steve.

Air shot of me.   It's little air, but hey it's air! 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!