AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AdventureJones

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #1 
Thanks to Mike we had a great ride on this perfect weather Sunday
We did Loop Rd, some of Janes Memorial Dr and some of Rt29, but the ride to a very retreated cabin in the middle of the swamp was the icing on the cake...That was an awesome place, I'll go back any time!!!

Here are my pictures:

Our bikes in front of the cabin

That's me

That's one of the gators...

I miss the swing already...

Huge palm trees...

That's Mike in the background storytelling about the place and some of his  adventures as well.....

Well that's it for my pictures, I'm still in the process of editing and uploading the video, I'll post it here in a day or two.

But we know there are some more pictures out there to be posted, right Sergio?!

Thanks you all for a

Gone but not forgotten:
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT185
Honda XL360
Honda CB400Four

Now riding: 08 Suzuki DR650

"To boldly go where no one has ever gone before..."
swampy

Reply with quote  #2 
Dr Jones!

Cool!

Especially like the t-shirt!

...and I noticed a 950SE with the big 8.8 tank on it!

Glad ya'll had a great time!

Abducted By Aliens Last Year...
Reply with quote  #3 
pretty neat. we were pretty close to going to JSD yesterday. where do you guys all live? i'm in ft. myers and we ride that area all the time.

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #4 
 Hey Alex, I'm from Deerfield Beach, everybody else is from Miami.

I'll keep you in mind when we go there next time (maybe this coming Sunday), it would be nice to ride with someone who knows better the area...

I've been wanting to cross Picayune westbound to Sabal Palm Rd for quite some time...

Keep an eye on Plan a Ride section towards the end of the weekend as many times we decide on the last minute...

Gone but not forgotten:
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT185
Honda XL360
Honda CB400Four

FMYStreetRacer

Reply with quote  #5 
will do. if you want to do the sabal palm route etc there are a couple guys that live in naples and know the area really well. check out this thread as well: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368848&page=33

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #6 
Nice pix and great report. Thanks Guys, AdventureJones, KLRGator, and yamadog. I had a great ride and look forward to the next one. As it turned out, I stopped by Joanies Blue Crab back out on 41 for a bite to eat and a cold one on the way home. Hung out with some Harley dudes from Naples, listened to some live music and then on to Holiday park. I didn't make it home til' 7:00pm!
Hey, how 'bout those riders from Atlanta we met at Dade corners. These guys were doing an Iron Butt 1,000mi in 24 hr. ride. "We're headed down to Key West to get a T-shirt for my wife." -Cool.
Thanks for the site, Swampy. Great work. I hope to do some of the group rides and yes...... the Orange Beast is mine.
Be safe, Mike

FMYStreetRacer

Reply with quote  #7 
i've gotta ask.... how did the drz's get to this coast?

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #8 
Nice ride! That was the first time I've been on a dual sport since the 70's. I picked up a bone stock 2006 DRZ with 1700 street miles about a week and a half ago (sorry Alex didn't know about your bike). I was pretty impressed with the DRZ overall. Handled the dirt roads and the one "trail" we rode very well, and held highway speeds for the ride up 29 and across 75 back to Ft Lauderdale fine. My only complaint is the seat, which I am convinced was designed by a direct decendent of the Marquis de Sade.

Mike, I've been by Joanie's many times and wanted to stop there but its always been too early in the day or too late and I've had to get home so I've yet to make it there. 

I've got a few upgrades planned for the DRZ nothing too major but I'll probably do most of my dual sporting in western North Carolina so more aggressive tires and pair of bark busters are at the top of my list.

2005 FZ1
2006 DR-Z400
2007 Road King
FMYStreetRacer

Reply with quote  #9 
sounds like you're off to a good start with the new bike. add in radiator gaurds and case savers as well.

and ofcourse do all the little doo dads.... mcct, and tighten all the stator bolts, starter clutch bolts, and primary nut. those are a must, esp the mcct. good luck, i'm sure we'll all ride soon.

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #10 

Well, I'm new to this digital video technology, but I think I got something here...

http://

I'm sure I can do better next time, including managing battery consumption...

Gone but not forgotten:
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT185
Honda XL360
Honda CB400Four

yamadog

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #11 
John

That was great. I really enjoyed the video. I think you did a fine job.

Obrigado

Bruce

2005 FZ1
2006 DR-Z400
2007 Road King
AdventureJones

"Insert Clever
Slogan Here..."
Reply with quote  #12 

Yeap! Too bad I missed several clips cuz of the ffflipping batteries, but what really counts is that we had a great time and will always do better next time...

Gone but not forgotten:
Yamaha DT250
Suzuki GT185
Honda XL360
Honda CB400Four

KLRgator

Got Mud?
Reply with quote  #13 
Adventure Jones:

Congratualations for the nice video!!!
It was a pleasure to ride with you guys and I'll tyr to post some of the pictures I also took during this trip. Hope to see you next weekend for a ride!

Happy new year and best regards!

"Measure twice, cut once"
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #14 
Great ride report and video.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
CaptD

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #15 
Nice video work John. I'm going out there tomorrow- Sunday - and will ride thru the squares all the way to East Naples. Posted over at South Florida Riders. Capt D.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!