Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #16 
Downloaded Trimble Outdoor Navigator, and within minutes had the satellite photo overlay on the GPS screen! Not bad for a compu-dummy like me!

Swampy, I notice you have the 10 inch tab, mine is the 7 inch version. I'm hoping it will be a bit friendlier should it come along for a ride., less mass and surface area to catch wind.
Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #17 
Just downloaded the map tiles for the Wilkesboro NC area, in advance of this weekend's DS. I plan on testing it out on the trip to the trailhead. My initial test of switching off the WiFi connection to view/zoom the maps without web connection passes with flying colors.

I think zoom will be even better when mapping smaller plots, since there is a limit on the size of "map packets". To give you an idea of how that works, I downloaded probably 400-500 sq miles of hybrid arial/street maps and am able to zoom in to about 300 sq yds.

More info next week!
Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #18 
My modded mount. Wasnt happy with it out the package, so I upgraded the cheesy snap in base to a riveted on aluminum plate, and suitable application of industrial self adhesive velcro for quick detachment.

sfront

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #19 
Actually Trimble Yuma has an awesome looking 7 inch tab, but the price is WAY too steep for me to try one!

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #20 
Been pretty happy with this Samsung so far!

$250 at Costco, snagged a 32GB mini SD card to max out the memory from Ebay for $14
Ob1quixote

ELO Kiddies
Reply with quote  #21 
Got to test the rig at the LBL200 over the weekend. Rained Saturday morning, so I left it in the truck, but Sunday was bea-u-tiful, and my bodged up handlebar mount performed flawlessly.

Got a nice track of the 103 mile ride that day, but for some reason it wasnt being displayed as I rode. Probably operator error...time to do some more homework!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!