Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
swampy

Reply with quote  #16 
Before we go any farther with the ride report, many of you were asking about Martin, the rider that got injured on Sunday.

I'm looking for the names of the folks who helped Martin, You all make me proud to be DDS! Please PM me with names!

Here's an email I received today about his condition...

Robert,

Martine is doing better this morning, ate a little and color looks better. All vital signs have been good, pain and difficulty breathing have been the real challenges. The local hospital in Dade City called for the helicopter from Tampa General pretty quickly yesterday. The trauma unit at Tampa General was real good with lots of attention, CAT scan showed a little cut on liver, bruised kidney and eight broken ribs, two places on each. They put a tube in his chest to inflate lung and when we left a little after 6 he was talking better and in good spirits.

His wife Bridget did arrive around five yesterday and she is real solid/strong. She has a rental car and will be fine. Hopefully he will be able to travel home in 2 or 3 days we will see.

Everything worked as well as it could’ve yesterday, great group in the woods and the guys in sweep vehicle where fantastic.

Martine expressed his appreciation for the doctor who was riding with group and his “trail side manner” is just huge! The group of 6 or 7 guys that picked him up and put him in the sweep car, Martine says did a better job than the hospital people later in the day! He is very appreciative to all and if possible maybe we can get their names , I know he will want to thank himself.

He apparently was standing going through right hand turn with a lot of roots, a root got his wheel and he went over front landing unfortunately bad, his arm and elbow pad where tucked under and apparently crushed his ribs! The fall itself I have been told did not look all that bad but landing and position were…

Again great group and help in the woods. We appreciate all the concern and will give you an update latter in the week.

Thank you,

Jay

DDS LifeTime Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Best question, after digging my bike out of black Richloam mud and flagging down the next dual sporters passing by to report the section closed to Swampy:

Are you Jack? .... Yes.

Well, didja keep yer pants on? .....

http://forum.dixiedualsport.com/post?id=4433610

It was two great days of riding and I enjoyed every minute of it (‘cept for a few hours Saturday.)

Half the fun is laying out the route with Swampy.

Half the fun is ribboning.

Half the fun is pre-riding in the cool early morning.

Half the fun is seeing the great time being had by all.

200% ain't bad!

DB

'14 Honda MSX125 Grom
'99 Aprilia SR50
adventuregirl

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #18 

I saw a whole lot of cameras... so where are the pictures?

It's a always great to see people we've come to know over the years and to also meet new DDS family members.

I'm glad to hear Martine is improving. It's sad to see part of the DDS family in the hospital.
Get well "One Pancake"!

Kawasaki KLX 250
Suzuki DR200
BMW K1200GT
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #19 
Get well soon Martin.
Here's a picture of Martin from the X Florida last year.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
Bruiser

RESET? There was a Reset?
Reply with quote  #20 
Wow, sorry to hear about Martine. I rode with him at the last Hooch. Great rider and a great guy. Hope you heal up fast and can't wait to ride with you again.

Great to hear,  the guys on the trail riding with him did a great job. Sorry I missed the this ride.
Rich
jakbrand

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks Swampy and crew for two days of fun.

Many more photos to come.

Hey! It's My Birthday!
Reply with quote  #22 

Glad to see that Martine is on the road to recovery. There must have been at least 15 riders stopped there at one time. Good thing it was such a short distance to the road crossing where a recovery vehicle could be found. I wish you a speedy recovery Martine. 

Tech tip info: 

I broke a chain in two pieces just before lunch Saturday and if not for the clutch slave cylinder after market guard my weekend would have been over and ended with a long pull back to the camp.

Thanks to my riding partners, Evan and Phil Loos, Kirk Braden, happy birthday Kirk, and Rocky Johnson we were able to piece the chain back together with two master links and at least get me to lunch . The slave cylinder guard is good cheap insurance. Get one for your KTM!

Also a big thanks to Motorcycle Enthusiast for the parts needed to put me back in the game for Sundays super ride..

Rick
  05KTM400

I know McPush, and you Sir, are no McPush!
Reply with quote  #23 

Stub rode in to the mud-hole

Hotter than a pepper sprout—

Stubs been wonderin where his chain went

Ever since he rode back out…

Reply with quote  #24 

I'm lovin' all the Johnny Cash references! Too Funny in a Cash-Cool kinda way!

Now on to the pictures!

Reply with quote  #25 

This might take a while.  I going to post "one PIC at a time."

Reply with quote  #26 

Reply with quote  #27 

Reply with quote  #28 

Reply with quote  #29 

Reply with quote  #30 

More in a bit....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!