Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

Registration Opens January 2, 2019

Author   Comment  
robklx400

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #1 

Here's a link to where I offroad. I can't seem to post pics here.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181006

BootlegDave

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #2 
Those are some great pics kinda reminds me of where I used to ride as a kid not too far from you over in FL on Eglin Air Force base reservation 800 sq miles of fun. 

" I do all my own stunts "

MikeW

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #3 
It looks like a lot of fun. Alabama sure has some great riding opertunities! 
Romans 6:23
robklx400

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW
It looks like a lot of fun. Alabama sure has some great riding opertunities! 

IMO it is very limited during hunting season. I'm supposed to check out Eglin AFB soon. No hunters there, just 800 square miles of SAND

DRIVER

Reply with quote  #5 

Oh please don't tell me that the Eglin area is open to the public ... my sister has lived and worked up there for years and I have not taken a bike to explore?  Dang it!

Details, give me details! I always drive south from I10 and look at the roads that dart off into the scrubs and think ... hmmm, I could do that on the DR.  Of course this time of year all decent areas are pretty well occupied by dudes with guns.  And this has nothing to do with the Base security!

Having grown up in SE Alabama I miss the days of smoking Yamaha DTs and riding on private land that belonged to my grandfather and his neighbors.  Make sure you close any gate you open, don't chase the cows and you are free to roam.  Ah, the good old days when we picked up bottles beside the road to pay for gas money.  Good times.

Mike Driver

robklx400

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #6 

I have heard & read alot about riding Eglin, but haven't been there yet. My brother-in-law is getting everything registered. He said it's like $7 a year to sign up, & of course you have to have a street legal bike. I will try to find more detail & report back.

BootlegDave

Now With 20% More
Off-Road Goodness!
Reply with quote  #7 

There are a lot of nice clay roads out there also. I remember a good many creek crossings and a lot of it looks like the photos above, there were trails that cut through the woods from one road to another. As far as guys with guns it is mainly used by the Air force for aireal maneuvers ( target and bombing practice ) and those areas are closed year round, once or twice a year the ground forces move in to play for a week or so and close certain areas the hunters have free roam so be careful. Loads of fun!

For information on hunting, fishing, or other outdoor recreational activities on the Eglin Reservation, contact the Natural Resources Division (locally known as Jackson Guard) of the Environmental Management Directorate Division. The attached link displays a telephone number for Jackson Guard, http://www.eglin.af.mil/newcomers/leisure.htm. They can assist you with maps and licensing/fee information.

" I do all my own stunts "

AST236

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #8 
I just found this post. Do you still live in the area? I"m in Evergreen, about 100 miles north of Mobile on I65. I"m looking for some folks to ride with. Anybody close, let me know.

great08

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #9 

I am in the Mobile area.

bvalentz

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #10 
I would love to tag along on your next ride.  Do you guys have a ride planned anytime soon?  I am going to get my bike this weekend in Clanton, al.
Thanks
Brett
gunz

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #11 

I am in Mobile (well semmes) Would love to meet up with fellow riders.

great08

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #12 
Found a thread over on advrider named "Mobile Area Riders". There have been several locals to chime in over there. We are currently talking about possibly having another meet-n-greet dinner again some time this year. I have met most of those guys and from what I have seen they are good guys.

There is a truck stop on I-10 heading west towards Pcola. I think it either is or is close to the last stop before heading into FL. There is a gun range and fireworks store there. I hear that every Sat. Morning there are ppl who meet there in the early morning before heading out for rides. All types of bikes. Never been there.
great08

Muffler Bearing Tech Day
Coming Soon!
Reply with quote  #13 
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12575045#post12575045

This is the link to the ADV Mobile area thread. There is someone looking to go for a ride tomorrow morning!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!