AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 9      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
rabbitrandy

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy
I was wondering about how to tag that one!

Just show the ranger your sign. I explained the game to him. He might even take the pic for you!!! 

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
rabbitrandy

Reply with quote  #17 
Welcome to San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park

This preserve has one of the few remaining mature forests in Florida. The limestone outcrops and extreme changes in elevation provide ideal conditions for many species of hardwood trees, including several champion trees. Bobcats, white-tailed deer, gray foxes, turkeys, and many species of songbirds make their homes in the 18 natural communities found in the preserve. The park offers outdoor adventure to hikers, off-road bicyclists, horseback riders, and nature lovers. To ensure solitude and quiet for a true wilderness experience, the southern two-thirds of the park is designated for hiking only. The northern third of the park has horse trails, off-road cycling, and hiking. Equestrians must carry proof of a negative Coggins test. The hiking trailhead is located four miles northwest of Gainesville on State Road 232. The horseback and bicycle trailheads are located off U.S. 441 just south of Alachua.

Welcome to River Rise Preserve State Park

The Santa Fe River goes underground in O'Leno State Park and reemerges over three miles away in River Rise State Park as a circular pool before resuming its journey to the Suwannee River. Surrounded by quiet woods and huge trees, anglers can spend a relaxing afternoon fishing on the river. Hiking and wildlife viewing are also favorite pastimes for park visitors.

Equestrians can explore over 20 miles of trails and end the day camping overnight with their horses. Located near the entrance to the park, the horse camp has primitive campsites, restrooms, and a 20-stall horse barn available on a first-come-first-served basis. Equestrian fees and camping fees are paid first at O´Leno State Park before entering River Rise State park. The equestrian fee includes park admission. Proof of negative Coggins is required.

O´Leno State Park is located on U.S. 441, six miles north of High Springs. The entrance to the River Rise is two miles west of High Springs on U.S. 27.

Welcome to Ichetucknee Springs State Park

The crystalline Ichetucknee River flows six miles through shaded hammocks and wetlands before it joins the Santa Fe River. In 1972, the head spring of the river was declared a National Natural Landmark by the U. S. Department of the Interior. From the end of May until early September, tubing down the river is the premier activity in the area. In addition to tubing, visitors can enjoy picnicking, snorkeling, canoeing, swimming, hiking, and wildlife viewing. October through March scuba diving is available in the Blue Hole only (you must be cave certified). White-tailed deer, raccoons, wild turkeys, wood ducks and great blue herons can be seen from the river. Picnic areas, equipped with tables and grills, are available throughout the park. A full-service concession offers food, refreshments, and outdoor products from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Tubes plus snorkeling and diving equipment can be rented from private vendors outside the park located four miles northwest of Fort White, off State Roads 47 and 238.

Welcome to Troy Spring State Park

The depths of this spring contain the remains of the Civil War-era steamboat Madison, scuttled in the spring run in 1863 to keep it from being captured. A recent addition to the state park system, Troy Spring now has an entrance road, restrooms, an accessible walkway, picnic tables, and a riverside dock for canoeists and boaters on the Suwannee River. This 70-foot deep, first magnitude spring offers opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. Bring the family for an old fashioned swimming hole party! Only open-water scuba diving is permitted and divers must be certified; no solo diving is allowed. Trails for hiking and horseback riding are being developed. Located off County Road 425, 1.3 miles north of U.S. 27.

Welcome to Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Florida State Parks renamed Peacock Springs State Park in Live Oak to honor the late world-class explorer, diver, cinematographer and photographer Wes Skiles. The park will now be known as Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State ParkPress Release. 

This park has two major springs, a spring run and six sinkholes, all in near pristine condition. Cave divers have explored and surveyed nearly 33,000 feet of underwater passages at Peacock Springs. This park features one of the longest underwater cave systems in the continental United States. Only divers who have proof of their scuba certification are allowed to explore the underwater caverns. Around the springs, four major plant communities are represented in the mature forest stands. A nature trail leads visitors on a path tracing the twisting tunnels of the caves far below their feet. Swimming in Peacock Springs and Orange Grove Sink are popular activities during the summer. Grills and pavilions are available for picnicking.

Welcome to Big Shoals State Park

Big Shoals State Park features the largest whitewater rapids in Florida. Limestone bluffs, towering 80 feet above the banks of the Suwannee River, afford outstanding vistas not found anywhere else in Florida. When the water level on the Suwannee River is between 59 and 61 feet above mean sea level, the Big Shoals rapids earn a Class III Whitewater classification, attracting thrill-seeking canoe and kayak enthusiasts. Over 28 miles of wooded trails provide opportunities for hiking, biking, horseback riding and wildlife viewing. Visitors who wish to view the Big Shoals rapids should park at the Big Shoals parking area and hike approximately 1 mile on the Big Shoals hiking trail (Yellow Blaze trail).  There is no vehicle access to either the Big Shoals or Little Shoals rapids.  The best way to access Little Shoals rapids is the enter the park through the Little Shoals entrance, drive down road 1 and turn right on road 6.  Drive to the end of road 6 where you will park your vehicle and hike approximately 1/2 mile down the Mossy Ravine trail (Blue Blaze trail) until you see the sign for Little Shoals.  The Woodpecker Trail, a 3.4-mile long multipurpose paved trail, connects the Little Shoals and Big Shoals entrances to the park. The river offers excellent opportunities for freshwater fishing. A picnic pavilion that seats up to 40 people is available at the Little Shoals entrance.

Welcome to Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park

Situated on the banks of the legendary Suwannee River, this center honors the memory of American composer Stephen Foster, who wrote "Old Folks at Home," the song that made the river famous. The museum features exhibits about Foster's most famous songs and his music can be heard emanating from the park's 97-bell carillon throughout the day. In Craft Square, visitors can watch demonstrations of quilting, blacksmithing, stained glass making, and other crafts, or visit the gift shop. Hiking, bicycling, canoeing, and wildlife viewing are popular activities. Miles of trails wind through some of the most scenic areas of North Florida. For overnight stays, visitors can camp in the full-facility campground or stay in a cabin. Every Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May), the park hosts the Florida Folk Festival. Other special events include concerts, weekend retreats, a monthly coffeehouse, a regional quilt show, and an antique tractor show. Located in White Springs off U.S. 41 North.

Welcome to Suwannee River State Park

About a quarter mile past the ranger station, a high bluff overlooks the spot where the Withlacoochee River joins the Suwannee River on its way to the Gulf of Mexico. Vestiges of history in the park show how important the Suwannee River was to Florida history. Along the river are long mounds of earthworks built during the Civil War to guard against incursions by Union Navy gunboats. Other remnants from the past include one of the state´s oldest cemeteries, and a paddle-wheel shaft from a 19th century steamboat. Five trails, ranging from a quarter mile to 18 miles, loop through surrounding woodlands and provide panoramic views of the rivers. Other activities include fishing, picnicking, and canoeing; for overnight stays, the park has a full-facility campground and cabins. Located 13 miles west of Live Oak, off U.S. 90.

Welcome to Madison Blue Spring State Park

Located in one of Florida´s newest state parks, this crystal clear, first magnitude spring is a popular spot for swimming. About 82 feet wide and 25 feet deep, the spring bubbles up into a limestone basin along the west bank of the Withlacoochee River. Scenic woodlands of mixed hardwoods and pines create a picturesque setting for picnicking, paddling, and wildlife viewing. Madison Blue Spring is approximately ten (10) miles east of Madison on the west bank of the Withlacoochee River. From Madison, drive east on State Road 6 to the Withlacoochee River. Turn south on the west side of the bridge at the park sign. The entrance to the spring is 525 feet south of the highway.

Welcome to Madison Blue Spring State Park

Located in one of Florida´s newest state parks, this crystal clear, first magnitude spring is a popular spot for swimming. About 82 feet wide and 25 feet deep, the spring bubbles up into a limestone basin along the west bank of the Withlacoochee River. Scenic woodlands of mixed hardwoods and pines create a picturesque setting for picnicking, paddling, and wildlife viewing. Madison Blue Spring is approximately ten (10) miles east of Madison on the west bank of the Withlacoochee River. From Madison, drive east on State Road 6 to the Withlacoochee River. Turn south on the west side of the bridge at the park sign. The entrance to the spring is 525 feet south of the highway.

Welcome to Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park

Paynes Prairie is biologically, geologically and historically unique. This park became Florida´s first state preserve in 1971 and is now designated as a National Natural Landmark. Noted artist and naturalist William Bartram called it the great Alachua Savannah when he wrote about his visit to the prairie in 1774.

Over 20 distinct biological communities provide a rich array of habitats for wildlife and livestock, including alligators, bison, horses and over 270 species of birds. Exhibits and an audio-visual program at the visitor center explain the area´s natural and cultural history. A 50-foot-high observation tower near the visitor center provides a panoramic view of the preserve.

Eight trails provide opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, and bicycling. Ranger-led activities are offered on weekends, November through April. Fishing on Lake Wauberg is allowed and a boat ramp provides access for canoes and boats with electric motors. Gasoline powered boats are not allowed. Full-facility campsites are available for overnight visitors. 

Welcome to O'Leno State Park

Located along the banks of the scenic Santa Fe River, a tributary of the Suwannee River, the park features sinkholes, hardwood hammocks, river swamps, and sandhills. As the river courses through the park, it disappears underground and reemerges over three miles away in the River Rise State Preserve. One of Florida's first state parks, O'Leno was first developed by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930s. The suspension bridge built by the CCC still spans the river. Visitors can picnic at one of the pavilions or fish in the river for their dinner. Canoes and bicycles are available for rent. While hiking the nature trails, visitors can look for wildlife and enjoy the beauty of native plants. The shady, full-facility campground is the perfect place for a relaxing overnight stay. Located on U.S. 441, six miles north of High Springs.

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

rjohnson

I know McPush, and you Sir, are no McPush!
Reply with quote  #18 

Excellent!

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #19 
Sorry to tell you Randy but you will need to go back and retake some of those pictures. Not the ones with the pretty young lady but the ones with some thing with some kind of hat on it. The ones with the Hat Creature are blocking the sign, so the scoring  committee can not verify the place the sign is at, Also the Hat Creature is scaring them to much.

Check page 6,689, paragraph, 43 1/4, line -4 for the rule about scaring the scoring committee.  

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #20 
Randy comes on strong with an 11 park blitz!! NICE...
And the May winner is......................?????

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

jahroots81

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #21 
WOW are there any parks left out there?   maybe i can photoshop myself into a few with ya,  hahaha.    great run, i need one of those big cushy seats on my dr650 so i can catch up.

rabbitrandy

Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingam00
Sorry to tell you Randy but you will need to go back and retake some of those pictures. Not the ones with the pretty young lady but the ones with some thing with some kind of hat on it. The ones with the Hat Creature are blocking the sign, so the scoring  committee can not verify the place the sign is at, Also the Hat Creature is scaring them to much.

Check page 6,689, paragraph, 43 1/4, line -4 for the rule about scaring the scoring committee.  

Come on WING, I just cant get nothing by you. I used my stunt double for those shots. Didnt think anyone would notice.

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

rabbitrandy

Reply with quote  #23 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahroots81
WOW are there any parks left out there?   maybe i can photoshop myself into a few with ya,  hahaha.    great run, i need one of those big cushy seats on my dr650 so i can catch up.

A GOLD WING seat on a DR650.  that would be the ultimate bike!!

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #24 
It would be better than a Gold Wing seat on a Gold Wing. Haha.
You almost caught Bert on the home stretch! Great pics and helluva push at the end.
Now for June..................lets go.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

rabbitrandy

Reply with quote  #25 

[QUOTEYou almost caught Bert on the home stretch! Great pics and helluva push at the end.
Now for June..................lets go.

Yea I pretty much blew my wad on this last trip. I wish I could of had a miniature motorcycle with me to put in the pic for the extra point. Rules state your bike can be in the piture but it doesnt say you have to ride it there!!!! Just saying.......

Maybe I would have gotten closer in points to THE BERT.

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #26 
Hey, you just might be sharper than I look!! A small motorcycle for the pics.
Anyway you get an E for effort!!
TG1

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

swampy

Reply with quote  #27 
Props to Randy!

Think about it!

He included the Mrs in his journeys for May, which he did in a 4 wheeled vehicle and still played the game.... plus grabbed some points on his two-wheeler too!

Plus he grabbed more state parks than anyone else...

That's AWESOME!

Remember this isn't about any individual month, it's about the long journey to November. Who'll still be in hunt come October? Who knows!

Stay focused! Still a long way to go in this game!

The June Bonus has been posted... Go get 'em boys!

Reply with quote  #28 
My local motorcycle shop. Independent and good work. Sale good used bikes and OEM, aftermarket parts. Shop hourly rate is less than everybody else and they have great mechanics.

Motorcycles Unlimited located on 6th street n.w., winter haven florida.

of course my most favorite motorcycle shop is my garage. I like doing my own work when i can.

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #29 
I have to fly into Jackson Mississippi next monday for work.
Leflerurs Bluff state park just happens to be in town. Guess, I'll be taking the camera and my DDS flag.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
rabbitrandy

Reply with quote  #30 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
I have to fly into Jackson Mississippi next monday for work.
Leflerurs Bluff state park just happens to be in town. Guess, I'll be taking the camera and my DDS flag.

Bert

go ahead and rub it in.

TEAM SMART-ASS

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!