Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 8      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
mr_guns

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #46 
A few Pictures of the weekend.

Here let me help you Up

That's deep

If you would have listened at the riders meeting we wouldn't be having this conversation
So That's why I got stuck
So that's why I got stuck...

Who is going play submarine next mud hole?

Bet it's not this clean an hour from this picture

Reply with quote  #47 
Anyone realize that this thread has now set a record for the quickest time to get to 1000 views! Less than two days! My prediction is that this thread will go well over 2000 views by the time Bert gets all his stuff uploaded!

Whoo Hoo!        

Reply with quote  #48 

All I know is that anytime you go to a party and the centerpiece is a cake that has a river flowing through it and a bike/rider on the banks trying to get the water out of his/her bike, you know it has to be a special event.

Ah....but where to start.
How about at the beginning.

Everyone gathered round with squeaky clean gear and bikes ready for the challenge that would become "Blackwater South"

Food was displayed trying to keep the riders attention away from what was to come.

And those pretty clean bikes. They didn't see it coming.

The first water hole only three miles into the trail.
It had a great line to the right of the water hole. A nice little single track.

I was taking pictures as I saw this guy coming towards the hole. Go right young man...I waved him to the right.

He did go to the right....the right side of the water hole.

It took 20 minutes to get his bike close enough to the edge so I could help him out. His day was over, but his bike didn't suck water so he was soon on his way.....back I-75.

Jack made it through

The next water hole was a little more challenging

This group saw me taking pictures and rode around the hole...It's funny how someone taking pictures next to a water hole raises suspicions.

Everyone made it through that hole, but what was to come was a little tougher. I wonder why all these fast guys are sitting on their bikes? They sort of look as if they're searching for answers.

Could it be that their buddy just stalled his bike in the "Green Swamp Monster hole"?

Let's move in for a closer look

One by one his friends ride by. The rule is you can't look at the ride stuck in the mud or you'll immediately fall victim to the swamp yourself.

And another rides by...see they look straight ahead. I'm going to put up a "No Wake Zone " sign next year

We finally get the drowned bike to shore and start the operation.

First get the water out of the easy orifices

Or you can look at the picture like this and see Swampy doing a Superman imitation.

You know what's next..the Air box cover must come off.

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #49 
This is must see Video
Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #50 
Almost to lunch and my bike is still pretty clean...I did short cut the route sheet. Sorry...was that out loud?

Many of you have already commented on lunch, but Swampy.....Man you really set the bar high with this event.
Those ribs, those Ribs, those Ribs...and the Chicken too. You really outdid yourself.

I got a little cocky after lunch and found a muddy hole myself

What's a man to do? I hid my bike in the palmettos and waited behind a tree for the next set of riders..

One

Two

Three

That's all it took as the rest of the group diverted through the palmettos

We took a break down the trail a bit. The forest was full of four wheelers this day and we enjoyed a little four wheel action as this group came through

KLRviking

See Rock City
Reply with quote  #51 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregirl
12 years of Devil's Creek and it's still fun! I look forward to it every year. Next year I'm joining the Adventure Ride with Samantha and Lauren. Wish me (them) luck!

Hopefully My wife will ride with you next year also...she couldn't do it this year b/c the twins will be arriving in about 6 weeks.  next year maybe.

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #52 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregirl
12 years of Devil's Creek and it's still fun! I look forward to it every year. Next year I'm joining the Adventure Ride with Samantha and Lauren. Wish me (them) luck!

With any luck, we'll be able to add Emma to that list.  She enjoyed meeting everybody at the Bullshoot.  Now to get her on that new bike of hers.

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
EbarDP48

Reply with quote  #53 
Hey Rob I'm trying to get your " There's a hole over there" video uploaded, but it's giving me issues right now....we'll get it.
Bert

FlyNW

Swampy said it's okay.
How deep can it really be?
Reply with quote  #54 
Swampy, great ride.  How is it that it is better as time passes?  Must be the memory only holds onto the good stuff and the terror diminishes!  Look forward to the next ride.

Nate

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #55 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
Hey Rob I'm trying to get your " There's a hole over there" video uploaded, but it's giving me issues right now....we'll get it.
Bert

That's cool.  I can't wait to see that again, so I can count how many people chickened out and went around the water, when it was obviously perfectly passable for anyone who wanted to have a freshly washed bike.

DDS Lifetime member #0893
2007 Honda CB919 Hornet
1974 Honda XL 100
2003 Suzuki DR650 "SUPERTANKER!!"
pa_28r_200

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #56 
Great pics Bert....

I'll repeat what I said in another thread for the the rest of the Newbs..including myself...

"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want......"

I'm pretty sure that applies here......

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #57 

Big thanks to Swampy and all the volunteers for organizing a fun challenging Devils Creek. From the blackest mud hole to Bert's Bull Shoot to Linda's catering this Devils Creek was over the top.

Here's Sleazy going back for more BBQ ribs and a big hug from Ms Linda

Mud hole rhymes:

"If it's gray, stay away."

"If it's black, turn back."

"If it's brown, go around."

"If it's gray and black with orange spots , then grab a camera and take a few shots." 

"A little help please!" 

Scouting water holes pays off.

Picked the right line.

Safe passage.

Follow this guy.

DDS riders are some of the friendliest folks I've ever met. It's the people that makes DDS events so much fun.

Reply with quote  #58 
I was having some issues with my camera over the DC 08 weekend so this picture is a little fuzzy...okay...a lot fuzzy.
Just wanted to give credit to Jak and Rob with coming up with the idea to get this poster for Swampy.
I contributed the slogan at the bottom , we all talked about what picture and color would look best, but Jak took the bull by the horns and made sure the poster got made and delivered.
Thanks Mr. JakBrand

jakbrand

Reply with quote  #59 
Bert,

Can't see the image.  So here's another angle.

Thanks to Rob and Bert we had something to show our appreciation for all Swampy's leadership and energy.  I hope everyone at the Bull Shoot had a chance to sign it.

Reply with quote  #60 

HEY! I have a picture just like that.....oh.....uh....nevermind....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!