A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 8      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #31 

Thanks to the Dixie crew that made this happen. As always I had too much fun. Looking forward to the next ride.

KTM 500XCW KTM 1190R KTM 300 XCW Honda Z50R 83 XR500 Street Tracker project Ural Patrol 06 Ural patrol, Sherco 3.0                   TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
RONNE

Rain Dances With MiamiMike
Reply with quote  #32 

thanx to campers adjacent to my site that put up with me till' 230am friday nite.i  was quite enuff hopefully.meeting with all saturday morning and breakfast were great. the ride on saturday was perfect with my group of two persons and the route chart was on target.my first ride on my own with a route chart.Ms.Linda&Co.did an excellent job.Look  forward to  the  next event.Oh and favorable mention to  the Held Jacket received on Gobbler it deterred  the  rain and cold perfectley.

Abducted By Aliens Last Year...
Reply with quote  #33 
well i can't find my usb cable for my cell phone so here's the only one that i have sent to myself so far.

look at that grin

i also just wanted to say thanks to Bruce and Tim that helped me out with my grip problem. without you guys this weekend would have turned out way different for me. thanks a lot guys.

Reply with quote  #34 
2008 really was one of the best Creek event's ever.

Just a few observations from the cheap seats.

1. You should know that on the wetness scale of 1 to 10 this years event only managed a 6.85. Past events have made this one look dusty.

2. Even given very good instructions at the riders meeting and in your riders handout package.....You still have to use your head.
Adventure dual sporting is a sport that makes you personally responsible for every action you take. The right decision offers your great rewards, while the wrong decision offers you ...uh...er..........insight.

3. Much wisdom comes with time in our sport. It's amazing how smart you become while sitting waist deep in muddy water on a stalled bike, watching others ride by (usually in a different line). Some of you got your PHD (pretty hard dunk)this weekend.

4. It's okay to be old and slow and let the young fast guys be the first ones to the waterholes. It you don't know what I mean see #3 above.

5. Friends will never leave you stranded. However...they may pull out a camera and take a few pictures before they lend a hand.

6. Chains and sprockets can be replaced. Riding gear can be washed. Pride will heal......but grins and memories are forever and priceless.

I'll try and get my pictures and videos posted. As many of you saw at the BullShoot Bonanza. I do have the video to end all videos of this years creek event.
Everyone gave a collective OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! every time 
they saw it.

I can give you a hint in four words... Yellow Suzuki Airbox Cover.

Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
pa_28r_200

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48

I can give you a hint in four words... Yellow Suzuki Airbox Cover.

I REALLY wish I woulda had a little rubber fish to throw out there on the ground when you pulled that cover off......

swampy

Reply with quote  #36 
More From the email...

Just wanted you to know the Devil Creek Adventure ride was excellent!!  Didn"t want to scare the Mrs on her first time, so this was the perfect intro.  Did I mention the lunch. Great food.

Thanks again

Don & Linda Sutton

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #37 
Test
Piggy

Kazoo Virtuoso
Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks Swampy, we had a great time. If I was a little smarter (see #3 in Bert's post) I would have made it to more than lunch on Sunday.

Everything is cleaned up and the bike is running perfect now. We are looking forward to next year. Thanks for arranging the cumquat festival to keep my wife occupied.

Rick K
swampy

Reply with quote  #39 
I watch all these videos and you guys are funny!

You guys take the hard way around a hole instead of the easy way through it....

...and you put your feet up so you don't get wet... GEEZ!

But I like to see people outside of their comfort zone, that means they're scared and apprehensive, which means you are being challenged! And that means a sense of accomplishment when it's over!

But that also means there is failure for some people. Not everyone can do it, or complete it.

You EARN the right to say you rode Devil's Creek! 

Official DDS Dance Instructor
Reply with quote  #40 
Every hole I rode into I was scared
Not knowing what Im about to hit or roll over
Learned how to do a SUPERMAN while riding though
the deepest holes..the tops of my feet skimming the top of the water
,,,next up a backflip

I'm Still A New Guy....Kick Me!
Reply with quote  #41 

This was yesterday when I opened my airbox on my 525EXC

Water sitting inside beyond the filter. This caued me to hydrolock once on Saturday and several stalls on Sunday.

I drained this water out using kitchen towel. Fortunately there was not evidence of sand that had made it through the filter, just dirty water.

Today I took the airbox apart and cleaned it as well as the filter. I use the NoToil products on my filter.

Hendikaf

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #42 
You did it again Swampy . the ride was great and very challenging but the instruction were easy to follow. I have to tell you that you really did a top job at every level (ride, food, tech support..),I did put a post on the HUBB for other rider to join your ride.

Thanks again for the fun.

PS : how is it possible that every riders present at the ride were nice guys?.pretty tough to put over 100 guys and not one is playing pain in the...

Hendi

Waffle House All-Star
Reply with quote  #43 

Quote:
You guys take the hard way around a hole instead of the easy way through it....

...and you put your feet up so you don't get wet... GEEZ!

Easy way? I like the challenge of going around some of the water holes and practicing throttle control, balance, clutch slipping etc.  It's a good way to become a better rider!! 

Your advice on the water hole speed is RIGHT ON, the slower the better.  Also, the tip on riding in the middle was also excellent.

Yea, I like to keep my feet up out of the water, it's having fun and just being silly! One time you (Swampy) were at the end of a hole and I raised my legs/feet extra high just for you!

2000 K1200RS, 2004 Ducati ST3, 2006 Ducati Multistrada, 2007 KTM 459EXC
swampy

Reply with quote  #44 
Got a picture of THAT, but didn't want to post it!

You silly Dirtfun....

Life is good, isn't it?

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #45 
12 years of Devil's Creek and it's still fun! I look forward to it every year. Next year I'm joining the Adventure Ride with Samantha and Lauren. Wish me (them) luck!

Kawasaki KLX 250
Suzuki DR200
BMW K1200GT
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!