Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment  
KevinH

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #1 
I have 2008 WR250R Yamaha 250. I put a FMF Powercore 4  muffler on it  as well as a FMF header.  Last year it did not pass the sound check at the Devil's creek ride . I had put a FMF DB killer in it and it was more quiet than with just the spark arrestor.
 I think it was at 98 db  however i got a pass .  I would like to go to the HOOCH this year but they say it has to be 92 db . I don't want to drive to georgia to be told I can't ride . . Any ideas? can it be repacked? it only has about 500 dual sport miles on it.
KevinH

Flea Market Next Left...
Reply with quote  #2 
I talked to FMF.. since the muffler is new  the Db killer insert will get the system as quiet as it can get.  after talking to FMF  looking in the web at sites and youtube it appears that i really need to get the FMF Q4 which is heavier and makes less noise. I should be at 92 with the Q4 and a spark arrestor
bradluke0

Lost My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi all !  My buddies wr250 had something like a " big momma " and it was loud as heck . We shamed him into getting a Q4 , it was quieter than my stock ktm pipe . Didn't even have to change the adjustments on the FMF box . 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!