Was there any skidmarks?

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

swampy

Reply with quote  #17 
Continuing on......

We rode some more rural GA roads. It's one thing I enjoy. Rural pavement and dirt roads. They kinda just go together to make for a perfect motorcycling day. Like a well balanced meal!

It was such a pretty day to be on a motorcycle...

Narrow chip seal is always one of my favorites.... because there's always something interesting on a road like this....

We just came down the road in the background of this picture.... but this is just one of those rural Georgia scenes that draws you in..... and makes you say "Moooo" in your helmet......

On to the crash site......

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolguy1
Was there any skidmarks?

Only the scrub nurse knows for sure.....

swampy

Reply with quote  #19 
Let's move on, shall we?

This rural Georgia mountain road begins to narrow.....

The lack of leaves allows us to see what we've been missing every year we ride here in the summer....

As I ststed before, narrow chip seal roads usually lead somewhere good.... this one just happens to lead to a dirt road....

... and in the Chattahoochee.... sometimes the dirt roads lead to rocky forest service roads!

What's around that corner?

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #20 
"WHAT'S AROUND THE CORNER? "

A CRASH SCENE? JUST A GUESS.

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

swampy

Reply with quote  #21 
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... don't give it away!

Jeeeesh!

Reply with quote  #22 
 Man...Is this another one of those long drawn out   ride reports? I just tuned in for the crash.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
toolguy1

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbarDP48
 Man...Is this another one of those long drawn out   ride reports? I just tuned in for the crash.
Bert

OF COURSE THIS IS A LONG DRAWN OUT SMARTASS RIDE REPORT.........LOOK WHO'S WRITING IT!!

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

DrZ

Hey Ya'll.... Watch THIS!
Reply with quote  #24 
wingam00

You've Been Busted!
Reply with quote  #25 
Well At least Swampy is writing something unlike DrZ's last post?

-- If you argue with a Fool you are a FOOL! --
DrZ

Hey Ya'll.... Watch THIS!
Reply with quote  #26 
JohnHardiman

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZ

I heard someone was milking a RR....if the ride report is taking this long, just imagine how long the recovery period will be....lol

KTM 500XCW KTM 1190R KTM 300 XCW Honda Z50R 83 XR500 Street Tracker project Ural Patrol 06 Ural patrol, Sherco 3.0                   TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
swampy

Reply with quote  #28 
That hurts. (snif). Really. It really really hurts (sniff sniff)

I only got to ride for about 3 hours total last weekend and didn't get to ride any on Sunday so..... This is being stretched out so I feel like I was riding a long a time... (plus this whole past week since all I could do was sit in the garage and make vroom vroom noises....)

So anyway...... for you morbid-just-here-for-the-crash readers..... on to the crash site....

Did I mention we were on a rocky FS road?

Here comes Frosty on the KLX!

There GOES Frosty on the KLX.....

So we reach this point where the road makes a sharp turn to the right. Here we meet up with 4 firetrucks and about 10 forestry firefighters. About 45 minutes later we would find out from one of the locals that there's been a forest fire burning up here for about 2 weeks!

Funny thing was. We didn't smell any smoke. Didn't see any smoke. Couldn't tell at all that anything was amiss! 

But wait.... what's this? A marker?

Hummmmmmmmm......

Some of you guys may have been by this on a Hooch ride or two, and chances are you never stopped to read it. The interesting thing about this plane crash is the last line, where it says that the plaque was put up after the removal of the wreckage....

Found out from my new Dahlonega friend Ricky that they had to remove the aircraft BY HAND, carrying it across the ridges so that it could be trucked away!

But hey! You guys need to hear the rest of the story!

A little entertainment while you wait!

Okay, delayed long enough.

So we continue down FS28 and it turns paved at Nimblewell Gap Rd. Once again, one of my favorite types of roadway. Black chip seal about a car and a half wide! And it went down and around and around again, then down curved here and there.

All this time, all day, we've been taking it easy. Frosty is still nursing a bum hip from his crash in Osceola back in April and I promised the Mrs nothing would happen to him and we'd take it easy. And we did. I glance at my speedo and it was showing 28mph. I lean into a right hander...... then come up for a transition to a left hander.......

The front wheel breaks loose.....

.... and it sounded something like this....'

"thud.... ow..... uhhhhhh..... mmmmmmmmm..... awwwww......... @#$%&*&!@%$#%^&^%#$#@@#$%^&&&!

So I lay there, reverting back to my New York vocabulary. Quick check of systems: yup toes move, fingers move, limbs move. Roll over..... AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

To make a long story short, I eventually made it up and was standing there. This guy Ricky was in a truck and stopped. A FedEx guy said he'd go the the next house and have them call EMS. Two neghbors come out of the woods and start telling us they saw everything.... even commenting on how I wasn't going fast at all!

Frosty started commenting about never seeing that many sparks come from a motorcycle before.....

I start to lose my breath and couldn't catch it. Just remember starting to say "I need to get to the hospital."

They got me in Ricky's truck and the guy drove me all the way to the hospital! (FedEx guy came back and said no one was home)(Woulda taken EMS 40 minutes to get there anyway!)

Ricky and I chatted along the way, which took my mind off the pain. And the rest as we say is history....

Here's my new friend in Dahlonega and me stylin the latest in hospital wear! (I think I had about 4mg morphine in me by this time )

Anyway...

I know I say it often and sometimes people get sick hearing it. But riding is dangerous and you need to be prepared. A bunch of folks get hurt doing stupid things, and people also get hurt from things out of the blue clear sky!

All I can think is that there was some pine straw or maybe a leaf or two in my line that caused the tire to break contact. That's all it takes.  Damage? For me a fractured scapula and a partially deflated lung.

My riding gear did the job it was designed and purchased to do.

I was lucky.

I consider it an honor to still be able to be here and catch $hit from a great bunch of guys!

Now. When I can ride again and catch ya. I'm gonna kick yer asses!

I know McPush, and you Sir, are no McPush!
Reply with quote  #29 
Heal quickly Swampy! (And take this opportunity to plan your next ride....)

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Now. When I can ride again and catch ya. I'm gonna kick yer asses! 

Lookin' fwd to it!!   Now heal up quick 

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!