Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

AMA 2017 DS

Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
swampy

Reply with quote  #1 
I was thinking the best way to title this thing, but it alludes me. So until I come up with a better, more fitting title, we're gonna run with it!

And BTW, please feel free to add your suggestions for the title of this thread! If your entry is selected, you'll win 2 stripped 8mm bolts, a half eaten 3 year old burrito, empty can of WD40, and a shop rag with authentic garage sludge! All courtesy of the fine folks at McPush Cycles and Plumbing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to the ride report....

See, about 10 years ago wife found the perfect cabin in the N.GA. mountains and we go there from time to time to get away. (As a matter of fact, last year when we were there, I crashed the 690 on a trail by the cabin and burned my leg pretty bad. Some of ya'll may have remembered that one as well...you can click here to see that one)

So anyway, she says, "why don't you bring the the 690 and my 250 and you and Brian can go riding."

Sounds fair enough! I love this woman.... little did I know I think I stumbled upon a domestic terrorist plot!

Victoria Secret Model
Reply with quote  #2 
 Initially Susan Rice came out saying a tree was involved. A few days later no mention of a tree, just a lot of sliding. Which was it?

One "Frosty" source from the scene was quoted as saying "I just saw what $10,000.00 looks like sliding down the road. A lot of sparks." 
(That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.)

Was the early intel flawed? This looks like a full investigation must be launched. Who knew what and when?  

1973 Husqvarna 250WR
1978 Husqvarna 390OR
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2012 KTM 500 EXC

tomr62262

This Week's
Winning Lotto Numbers:
3-16-17-22-35
Reply with quote  #3 

Fearless Leader,  How many times are you going to fall prey to the screwup of Boris and Natasha.  You will never get moose and squirl so long as Boris and Natasha are around. Minimally do not allow them access to the RBTV super secret headquarters.   You've been warned. 

Regards

Mr. Peabody

1996 Suzuki DR350
1976 Honda Elsinore MR175
1947 AJS Model 18
++Past++ Listing all my past bikes just shows I'm old and explains why I still work for a living.
pa_28r_200

Let's Listen To My Barry Manilow Albums!
Reply with quote  #4 
Word on the street was that the preliminary report also included a dancing banana peel in the road....what's up with that ?? 

Hmmm....it does kinda resemble Andy in my old jacket though.....nah.....nevermind....

swampy

Reply with quote  #5 
So now that the conspiracy theory people have spoken up, let do some 'splainin'!

Brian and his new ladyfriend are meeting us for the weekend.... and since the turn for the cabin is easily missed, I head up to Rt60 to wait on them to show them the way! It was about 9pm and 30 odd degrees..... but the sky was clear and a gazillion stars were out, which is something you never see in Florida...

A shot of the bikes before I took them off the truck....

So Saturday morning dawns at 38 degrees.... but it's going to be a good day riding motorcycles in North Georgia!

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #6 
Holy smokes, Swampo King is  alive!  

And the narration is riveting!

Whatever happened to him,  it did not affect his speech and his camera! Praise the lord.

Please proceed...  I am waiting with... shovel  ready.

foster home for "Torpedo" KTM 505
rabbitrandy

I Just Got A Letter From AARP....
Reply with quote  #7 
Last time I saw the Green machine was in the Osceola Forest with a broke off mirror and white sand crammed  all in it's nooks and crannies.....................

TEAM DUMB-ASS [member#001]
TEAM SMART-ASS

A good rider has balance, judgment, and timing.......so does a good wife.

Randy and Robin West

Growing Bolder not Older

'03 GL 1800
'01 DRZ 400

I like slow walks on the beach & poking at dead things with a stick.
foneguy_dd

Brought To You By Tom's Yaller Snap-Off Foot Pegs!
Reply with quote  #8 

In Hindsight....  Swampy should have paid more attention during his

Tree Attacking Lesson....

http://www.jibjab.com/view/IzKfJgX1Sh6QkauaxgtYtA

Is it too Evil to want a DualSport Bike with Frickin' Lasers attached?   [muhaha]
I knew Fat Bastard before he became famous!
swampy

Reply with quote  #9 
Dougie you're killing me! My gut was hurting so bad laughing so much!  Funny Sha-zit right there my friend!

Reply with quote  #10 
Actual video of Swampy's fall while riding through the North Georgia woods.
Bert

Bert   09 KTM 530 07 Triumph Tiger 1050  06 Kawasaki KLR650 07 Yamaha YZ 250 1976 Husky WR250 1978 Suzuki RM250 1981 Honda CM 400 W/Velorex Sidecar Because the ride shouldn't end just because the pavement does! May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Harold McAlindon
kismet

I Like To Ride Nekkid!
Reply with quote  #11 
Wow. I never noticed that Swampy carried a guitar on the 690....

that explains why he does not want to ride hare scrambles with it: does not want to scratch the guitar.

It all makes sense now.

foster home for "Torpedo" KTM 505
swampy

Reply with quote  #12 
So here we are....

Frosty and I get the bikes warmed up and rolling and head up to Cooper Creek Grocery and make a turn for the fish hatchery...

Up the road a bit we come to this church...

A small country church tucked away in nowhere..... but we're heading for a warm-up loop on the other side of the road....

We return to the main grade and continue up to the fish hatchery.... great fishing around here in North Georgia. Stop in and learn a little about keeping the fish population stable and the Chattahoochee a fisherman's paradise! If you like trout fishing, take time out and cast a line next time you're in the area!

Let's continue up the road....freshly graded and they're starting to put down new gravel...

BONGO!
Reply with quote  #13 
What really sucks....you were doing so good on the weight loss deal...don't loose focus!
Hoping you heal fast
JA

KTM 500XCW KTM 1190R KTM 300 XCW Honda Z50R 83 XR500 Street Tracker project Ural Patrol 06 Ural patrol, Sherco 3.0                   TEAM WANKER...Only Pussy's die of natural causes! Member of the Solo Mile High Club! Check out Team Wanker on Facebook!
swampy

Reply with quote  #14 
.... farther up the road we pass Rock Creek Lake, a man made lake to control the flow of water through the hatchery. Riding up the hill you can view the dam and the water cascading over it. That is, as long as there are no leaves on the trees. If you ride here in the summer, you won't even know it's here until you get to the far end where you'll pass the marsh, then get a view of the lake....

That's one of the nice things about being here this time of year. The mountains reveal things they hide throughout the year....

Through the trees you can see the valleys and landscape below.

Frosty pulls over to take a breather, while I take some pictures.....

I just love Georgia in December....

Good, Bad, and Ugly
Reply with quote  #15 
When Liquid Plumber just won't do...

If all else fails...

American / Southern made...

Founded in Manchester, GA...

For Service call: 800-MAC- PUSH

Tax, Title, License not included. Depending on availability. Batteries not included. For back-uos lasting
longer than 4 hours call your Physician, Not for resale, Do not eat. May cause swelling, nausea, vomiting,
dehydration, explosive diarrhea, fecal urgency and your inability to control it. Otherwise it's Awesome!

01 Suzuki DR-Z250
06 Triumph Tiger
96 Yamaha XT225 (Mel's bike she doesn't ride)
79 XS650F Rode it from 1985 to 94 Needs TLC
75 DT250B Since I was 19 

"Life Changing is when you no longer have a Bike"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!