Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

A Southern Tradition Since 1996!

Upcoming Events

2019 Event Has SOLD OUT IN 25 HOURS!

Author   Comment  
hendedo

Look At The Size Of THAT Tank!
Reply with quote  #1 
 Hello all. I have a FMF Q4 muffler on my 06 KLR 650. There is a 'plate' down inside the muffler with a bunch of holes in it, about 8 - 10 inches from the rear outlet. What I am wondering, I bet there is no spark arrestor in this muffler. I have seen them on FMF website, but do they retro fit a muffler that apparently doesn't have one already? Would it also lower the sound level a bit?
 Thanks for any replies.

grnd0

Won My Bike
Playing Poker
Reply with quote  #2 
I have a Q4 that has a spark arrester screen installed and looking in the rear
all you see is screen. Sounds like you don't have. Mine is not loud at all, smaller
motor though.
jahroots81

Eet Mor Chikin
Reply with quote  #3 
same here, look inside all you see is a screen cone and the retaining screw. FMF Q4 on DR200 and Q4 and power bomb on DR650. I cant say I hear much difference. they're not very loud with the screen in or out. but they do sound a hellava lot better then the stock one. 

if you need to install one seems like if you buy one of the spark arresters ( just a cone shaped screen) from fmf you could drill a small hole for the retaining screw, if it isn't already there.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Dedicated to Dirt and Street!

Florida-Georgia-Alabama-Tennessee-North Carolina-South Carolina-Virginia-Mississippi...And Beyond!